California containment hold?

Psyyybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Had VIN for over two weeks now and was told today at the showroom that the truck is stuck in an offsite lot for a government containment hold? Does anyone know what’s going on?
Sponsored

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
Specifically, no idea. But a hold like that is very normal in production. They should, however, assign you a different VIN that is not in containment rather than telling you your vehicle is held up.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD
Country flag
Oh man, I hope not.

I talked to my SC this morning (Upland) and they said my CT was due in today from the off-site.

OP
OP

Psyyybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Specifically, no idea. But a hold like that is very normal in production. They should, however, assign you a different VIN that is not in containment rather than telling you your vehicle is held up.
Thanks. Very frustrating since I
Oh man, I hope not.

I talked to my SC this morning (Upland) and they said my CT was due in today from the off-site.
how long were you in the off site?

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
how long were you in the off site?
No idea.

I got a VIN on 05/09. Upland SC said this morning that mine was due at Upland today, and that I’d get a delivery text in the next day or so.

They added that if mine didn’t make it today, they don’t deliver from the off-site on Sat/Sun, so it would arrive at the SC Monday.

OP
OP

Psyyybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
No idea.

I got a VIN on 05/09. Upland SC said this morning that mine was due at Upland today, and that I’d get a delivery text in the next day or so.

They added that if mine didn’t make it today, they don’t deliver from the off-site on Sat/Sun, so it would arrive at the SC Monday.
Did yours make it today?

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did yours make it today?
I don’t know.

They said it was scheduled to arrive today and, if it made it, I’d get a text in the next couple of days to schedule delivery.

They said if it didn’t make it today, then it would be arriving Monday, and I’d get a text a couple of days after that.

So I’m still waiting for a text, as usual haha!!

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got the delivery text!!

Delivery scheduled for Monday 05/27!!

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice congrats! I’m still waiting, but hopefully for not much longer.
“Oh, the humanity!!” Haha!!

Just heard from SC. The system overbooked for tomorrow, 05/27.

Delivery now scheduled for Thursday 05/30.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
“Oh, the humanity!!” Haha!!

Just heard from SC. The system overbooked for tomorrow, 05/27.

Delivery now scheduled for Thursday 05/30.
congratz! What number are you calling? I've been waiting for a delivery from the same SC since April. When I call them, I get a robot telling me to check the app. If I ask to talk to a person anyway, I get sent to voicemail. If I go in person, I get told that it's all done by corporate and to check the app, but that I'm welcome to look at the trucks on the lot...
I've been texted by them in the app, but it's always, "yeah, we'll try and get you in soon." but nothing concrete or any reasons for the delay.
Ok, now I just sound like I'm whining, but I'm so anxious over this that I'm just over it lol

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
congratz! What number are you calling? I've been waiting for a delivery from the same SC since April. When I call them, I get a robot telling me to check the app. If I ask to talk to a person anyway, I get sent to voicemail. If I go in person, I get told that it's all done by corporate and to check the app, but that I'm welcome to look at the trucks on the lot...
I've been texted by them in the app, but it's always, "yeah, we'll try and get you in soon." but nothing concrete or any reasons for the delay.
Ok, now I just sound like I'm whining, but I'm so anxious over this that I'm just over it lol
They called me. The caller ID showed an 888 number that, if you call it, just goes to a corporate location.

I called the local SC number last week, and was able to get to a person after a few tries.

OP
OP

Psyyybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. I also made the dumb mistake of connecting my bank account with plaid on the app and setting up the wire transfer (paying cash in full) and they took the money in an instant. Now it’s been weeks and I cannot get anyone on the phone no matter what number I call or how many times I try. At least you can message them in the app. They have never messaged me so I have no way of messaging them.
Sponsored