Cameras on fender flares may confirm digital side mirrors

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
I saw it mentioned that there are cameras visible on the front fender flares. They most likely provide the view for digital side mirror screens displayed in the interior. Along with other evidence people have gathered so far, it seems like this all but confirms that no outboard mirrors will be present, so long as laws permit.
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I saw it mentioned that there are cameras visible on the front fender flares. They most likely provide the view for digital side mirror screens displayed in the interior. Along with other evidence people have gathered so far, it seems like this all but confirms that no outboard mirrors will be present, so long as laws permit.
All Teslas have side mirrors. The CT can't have them in the B Pillar, obviously. That is probably why they are there in the fender flares. This doesn't mean they'll replace the side mirrors any more than they do on my Model Y with the same side cameras.

alexbeau

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicles
Current: F250 Super Duty - Future: Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Youtuber
Country flag
I'm hopeful the final version will be mirrorless, or that they will be easily and legally removable. That being said, the cameras are also needed for autopilot, so they would be there regardless.
Sponsored