Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
Very true. But why even say anything about heating cabin when you're advertising camping. Noone is sitting in their cars while camping. It's just bad advertising.
With you there, it’s why folks in RVs don’t call it camping.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
to be fair to me, I wasn’t here participating on basis of not understanding people who camp in their cars. (For three summer months I lived in a Tacoma in the Mojave desert - I get there are use cases.)

I was participating here on the basis of pointing out what those folks should probably not be relying on to accomplish their goals

all this brain damage to re-engineer the HVAC architecture of the vehicle, when, like you say a tiny, portable heating unit and plug into the beds outlets.

but we’ve got people talking about preferring to take cutting torches and welders to the bulkhead of the cabin and vault

But sure, knock yourselves out!
If efficiency is important an electric blanket is really good. Great when sleeping, not so much for changing clothes etc. Likewise a small chiller to circulate 50 degree water through hoses/blanket would be good in the summer. But I am still looking for someone to make this.

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
And once you’ve solved for all this climate conditioning, you’ll be all ready for one grown man to sleep diagonally a coffin.

Which is fine if that’s what you’re expecting to get out of it

just seems like people are expecting something much different?

FBD531B4-42FD-412E-A008-3D2A47191ADE.jpeg
He's 6' and actually can fully stretch out. Don't need to bend his neck like that

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
He's 6' and actually can fully stretch out. Don't need to bend his neck like that
he did, actually, have to bend his neck like that to get it under the sloping bulkhead. He’s have to do it again, to lift his head back up.

(PS: I’ve met a lot of men who are “six foot” 🤣)

Regardless, no 6’ tall person is sleeping remotely comfortably unless diagonal in the bed

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
he did, actually, have to bend his neck like that to get it under the sloping bulkhead. He’s have to do it again, to lift his head back up.

(PS: I’ve met a lot of men who are “six foot” 🤣)

Regardless, no 6’ tall person is sleeping remotely comfortably unless diagonal in the bed
Lol I'm actually exactly 6'. I can sleep very comfortably in the model x. Sleeping sideways in the truck bed will be comfy though

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
And once you’ve solved for all this climate conditioning, you’ll be all ready for one grown man to sleep diagonally a coffin.

Which is fine if that’s what you’re expecting to get out of it

just seems like people are expecting something much different?

FBD531B4-42FD-412E-A008-3D2A47191ADE.jpeg
Here is a short segment on Kim laying down who is 5' 5" saying that is about the limit.
~24:09

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Here is a short segment on Kim laying down who is 5' 5" saying that is about the limit.
~24:09
She measured about everything except the width of the floor in the back.........

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Toyota Highlander
Country flag
If efficiency is important an electric blanket is really good. Great when sleeping, not so much for changing clothes etc. Likewise a small chiller to circulate 50 degree water through hoses/blanket would be good in the summer. But I am still looking for someone to make this.
8 sleep?

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
The Chili Pad been around for a couple of decades. More elaborate and expensive emergency room systems for treating hyperthermia and hypothermia have been around for a half-century or more. Someone finally realized they could make a lot of money with a simpler and less expensive home system. I have had a Chili Pad for 20 years. It does have one drawback compared to AC. AC "Conditions" air by both cooling and dehumidifying it. The Chili Pad cools the mattress and your body. It also cools air that is in contact with it, however it does not dehumidify that air. As the air temperature drops, the RELATIVE humidity skyrockets and thus the pad and the portion of your body in contact with it become clammy/moist from condensation-just like it does on a cold iced drink in a true glass container on a summer day. Not quite that bad, but same principle.
https://sleep.me/

Last edited:

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
In the Willy Wonka saga, as long as the bed accommodates both sets of grandparents sleeping in the same bed for 40 years with their feet in each other's faces, it should be fine. Don't forget a 20 ft. hole in the roof that little Charlie had to deal with.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Wait but isn't the bed 6' long? Why only 5'5"?
Watch the 2 minutes ... imagine if she was taller. There is not a lot of extra room if you extend your toes out or stretch your arms at all.

Last edited:

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Check this out...mkbhd has it and swears by it.

https://www.eightsleep.com/pod-pros...i=&nb_pc=&nb_pi=&nb_ppi=&nb_placement=&nb_si={sourceid}&nb_li_ms=&nb_lp_ms=&nb_fii=&nb_ap=&nb_mt=e&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAyp-sBhBSEiwAWWzTnoTenpIxIjdFGAMT_tPM_CWvW1P9zuCeKuIfwHf8UxAny01p6fuDfRoCfKEQAvD_BwE
Sponsored