Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Now the ultimate version of that video would be for a CT to be driven up a mountainside off-road over boulders, to a hidden lake at the bottom of a beautiful waterfall. They still use camp mode to sleep in the back, climate controlled, wall to the bed lowered so they can sleep looking up through the glass cabin roof. Gotta combine the back country accessible capabilities of the CT with the camp mode they show in the video.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It would have been cool to have the Cybertruck show up towards the end sitting on the cliff looking down on the beach seeing the Model Y, then fade to black. Kinda like the Night King during the massacre at Hardhome in Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8 looking down at Jon Snow.

Tesla Cybertruck Camp Mode (Tesla official video, <1min) 1638465228119

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone planning on long term camping and sleeping in the bed of the CT? I see it as an option for only a single night, maybe two, but I would need to have better options for just hanging out in camp than sitting inside or laying down all day. That just means bringing camp chairs, maybe having an awning, and getting out for some exploring.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Anyone planning on long term camping and sleeping in the bed of the CT?
My sister's family have a very large 5th wheel camper. I sometimes join them. I'd rather sleep in the back of my CT than have to convert their dining area into my bedroom every night.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just have a couple oddball thoughts here.

#1 He set the temperature in the cabin to 75 degrees. Why on earth would you go that high!

#2 Later it said cabin temperature 70 degrees which is still a bit warm, and not consistent.

#3 Pretty sure they filmed that in California… beaches don’t get 39 degrees!

All that aside… this advert just stresses to me the need for Tesla to launch a version of the Model Y with a tiny bit more suspension and more off-road friendly tires. The sub-6” clearance and low profile tires you get with the Model Y just doesn’t cut it for the type of excursion they picture here.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Anyone planning on long term camping and sleeping in the bed of the CT? I see it as an option for only a single night, maybe two, but I would need to have better options for just hanging out in camp than sitting inside or laying down all day. That just means bringing camp chairs, maybe having an awning, and getting out for some exploring.
Long term?

I’ve stayed in my Subaru for a couple weeks running multiple times. Also stayed in my Model Y once for most of a week. I’m not sure I could get excited about sleeping in any car/ van for longer than that. Hotels become appealing.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Long term?

I’ve stayed in my Subaru for a couple weeks running multiple times. Also stayed in my Model Y once for most of a week. I’m not sure I could get excited about sleeping in any car/ van for longer than that. Hotels become appealing.
So do hot showers. :)

In my youth, I did a lot of camping out of my subaru(sometimes even with a dome tent). One thing I learned, was to heat up some water and get a nice hot washcloth on my face in the morning. It's amazing how good little niceties can be during those times. And warm meals always taste WAY better when you're camping.:ROFLMAO:

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Long term?

Yeah, I guess "long term" was a bit vague. I'm thinking of week long hunting trips I've taken with my buddy. In those cases, even sleeping in the covered bed of my pickup was something that, while I do it in that situation, would *not* be great if my wife and I were to do some camping. It seems having more, uh, amenities would be in order. Then again, who am I kidding? For the once every few years she would be interested in camping, I could rent something that works better for her "needs".
For me, I think sleeping in the covered bed of the CT would be sufficient when I go to the coast for some fishing and don't want to get up super early to get there by sunrise.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
My 72 VW bus had my surfboard strapped to the inside of the roof and a bed with a sleeping bag in it at all times. Many nights, I would drive to where I wanted to do dawn patrol the next morning, and sleep in the back. The CT with electric climate control would be SWEET!!!

And yes, a midgate would make it even better! I would probably make a false floor with a drawer to store my gear under, and a mattress with sleeping bag on top.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
My 72 VW bus had my surfboard strapped to the inside of the roof and a bed with a sleeping bag in it at all times. Many nights, I would drive to where I wanted to do dawn patrol the next morning, and sleep in the back. The CT with electric climate control would be SWEET!!!

And yes, a midgate would make it even better! I would probably make a false floor with a drawer to store my gear under, and a mattress with sleeping bag on top.
Thought you’d have gone OG longboard or SUP by now.
Sponsored