Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame? I live in Quebec, Canada

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not realistic for my weather either.

I have a 2.5 detached garage In the back. Wife‘s stuff (junk) and a teen cave, pool table, video games. My poor tools in a corner. I am embarrassed, I lost my garage.
Same here, I lost the garage and many rooms and the basement in my house when my partner had to sell her father's house after he passed ~2 years ago. With the pandemic going on, it was not the time to start selling thinks to make more room. I know the feeling...
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will guard the vault's space of my Cybertruck with my life... Perhaps I am getting trained to live on Mars without knowing.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't even have a garage! I just have a divot taken from the side of the mountain that I can wedge a couple cars into under the power lines. When the lines fall down, I can't even walk down my front steps, let alone get to the car. Right now it's still got the rock bin and spare tires and motorcycles.

(So I usually move the car during storm/red flag weather to the street or the park.)

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I don't even have a garage! I just have a divot taken from the side of the mountain that I can wedge a couple cars into under the power lines. When the lines fall down, I can't even walk down my front steps, let alone get to the car. Right now it's still got the rock bin and spare tires and motorcycles.

(So I usually move the car during storm/red flag weather to the street or the park.)

-Crissa
SO you’re working on a EVcarport in your future? One engineered with induction coils on the roof of the carport? Genius. LOL

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
Do we need to link to the video of the guy plowing his drive with his Y again?

-Crissa
;) There's a difference between barely getting a little snow moved and dealing with real, serious amounts of snow. You can saw a board with a hand saw and it works fine and it's how I learned to do it when I was 6. But now I have at least 10 different power tools to do the job. Why? Because I saw lots of boards.

A snow plow needs to angle left and right and center. The vehicle will get pushed sideways at times from the pressure and the fact that the wheels will be on snow. You need to pay attention to obstructions like curbs. Sometimes you need to take a fast run at a long driveway or road to throw the snow further out of the way sideways. Anyone can put a board on the ground and drag it a little, but this is not really snow plowing in any serious way.

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
I got really good and stuck one time plowing forwards in 4WD truck.

As the season goes on you start to run out of places to push snow, so you try to push it over top of the previous bank a little. Trouble was that bank had turned to ice below and I didn't know that. Suddenly my front wheels went up and over this bank as I blindly pushed a load that way, and then I dropped my front wheels off the other side. When you get a 4WD stuck, you're really stuck. It took a lot of work to get the truck out, and I was careful after this to start by pushing the snow far ahead early on in the season so that later in the season I had space for more snow.

I suspect that snow plowing will continue to be an ICE thing for awhile longer. But the snow will also become wetter, heavier snow as the climate is further destroyed. This makes plowing it even harder.

One other idea that I've used is to not plow the snow at all. Where I live now at times I've had to put chains on all 4 wheels to get home up the hill to where I live with 16" of new snow on the ground. It's a bit scary, but you can do it if you keep your speed up from the bottom. Then later you can take the truck still with chains on all 4s and just pack the snow down in a few places and if you're lucky it will melt out soon. Or just go inside, build a fire, and get on cybertruckownersclub until conditions outside get better.

Trucks have evolved to meet the needs over the years. I suspect that this will continue, but also the needs will evolve and change too which we must consider, i.e. the snow will be different in the future.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got really good and stuck one time plowing forwards in 4WD truck.

As the season goes on you start to run out of places to push snow, so you try to push it over top of the previous bank a little. Trouble was that bank had turned to ice below and I didn't know that. Suddenly my front wheels went up and over this bank as I blindly pushed a load that way, and then I dropped my front wheels off the other side. When you get a 4WD stuck, you're really stuck. It took a lot of work to get the truck out, and I was careful after this to start by pushing the snow far ahead early on in the season so that later in the season I had space for more snow.

I suspect that snow plowing will continue to be an ICE thing for awhile longer. But the snow will also become wetter, heavier snow as the climate is further destroyed. This makes plowing it even harder.

One other idea that I've used is to not plow the snow at all. Where I live now at times I've had to put chains on all 4 wheels to get home up the hill to where I live with 16" of new snow on the ground. It's a bit scary, but you can do it if you keep your speed up from the bottom. Then later you can take the truck still with chains on all 4s and just pack the snow down in a few places and if you're lucky it will melt out soon. Or just go inside, build a fire, and get on cybertruckownersclub until conditions outside get better.

Trucks have evolved to meet the needs over the years. I suspect that this will continue, but also the needs will evolve and change too which we must consider, i.e. the snow will be different in the future.
Good info Howard about your plowing experience. Yes, it is dice to plow as a contractor in various local situations I suspect. For personal use only, you only have to deal with your place and situation, so it would be easier to manage I suppose, but lots of heavy snow and ice would still be there. I live near the end of a street that turns to got to the next street. That leaves a nice place at the end to push the snow there in the corner as heavy loader comes to create a big mountain of snow during the winter at about 15-20 feet high by 30-40 feet wide by 20-25 feet deep in the end of the winter. Heavy snow graders can easily leave 4-5 feet snowbanks in front of my double car driveway. This is what I have to fight against:
Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada Heavy Grader

My guess is that the weather here might contain more wet snow days in the future, but there will be enough variation in the weather still to include all the other types of snow and ice, even if the weather is "getting warmer". There is an interesting article about various types of snow and ice here, which would apply to my area except for the sea references: Inuktitut Words for Snow and Ice | The Canadian Encyclopedia
Cheers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model Y 90D, 1868 Boneshaker, 1887 Rudge Light Roadster 54" , 1885 Victor Roadster 54", 1973 Schwinn Paramount, 1999 Dodge 3500 Van with Plate "CYBERTR"
Occupation
Radical Sustainabilist, Applied Scientist, Post Architect, Scrounger of Materials to Transform Old Houses to Carbon Free, Citrus Grower in Colorado.
Country flag
He is Canadian. Things are … different… up there.

I think they use the snow plough to clear the ice for street hockey games.

Which brings up an interesting question. How long before someone sinks a Cybertruck driving on ice?
Remember: Elon said that it would float for quite a while....

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remember: Elon said that it would float for quite a while....
Maybe we could start the non-ice fishing season early and finish latter then all the others with the Cybertruck... The old boat I have in my backyard is this one. Rumour has it that this boat could not sink. I had a lot of fun with it and I hope to restore it someday. There is a big river were I live that can go to Montreal and even further.

Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada Gull-wing Evinrude Boat

Last edited:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Which brings up an interesting question. How long before someone sinks a Cybertruck driving on ice?
But it floats ?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Until it doesn’t.

You might have… a minute to get that truck out of the ice before it starts taking on water.

I know you are only joking, but some idiot out there somewhere is going to push their luck with this floating thing.
I hope they get video for us all to see.

Something like this maybe:

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X90
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Not a problem......the truck can be used as a boat! LOL