Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
so in the 2022 budget it was announced that ev credits would be expanded for electric vehicles as they wanted to incorporate trucks and more cars into the electric transition...... the results are in.....credits are applicable to cars up to 65k CAN and 70k CAN for trucks.

in other words, the Canadian ev rebate is still a pathetic joke. the government minister with this portfolio is clearly unqualified for the job.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
it's Tesla's problem that commodity prices forced a price increase? I'd say the ev rebate is simply a farce.

FrankMcEnnis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Express, Cj5, Rockcrawler
Country flag
Hyundai can't do it, they cost more to produce than the selling price, that's why they're trying to produce the lowest quantity possible!

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'll disagree very much that the Hyundai and Tesla are in the same category.

Big T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla model 3, 2019 Ram 1500
Country flag
Do you really think people need EV rebates who can can afford to purchase a >$70,000 truck?

I know it would be nice - but we are in a mountain of debt already - and subsidizing a really expensive discretionary product really doesn’t make too much sense to the average tax payer.

I don’t think the lack of a rebate will have any major effect of tesla being able to supply/ sell as many cybertrucks as they can in Canada for the coming years - hence having a rebate really doesn’t make much sense.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
They are a joke compared to US. But I also don't believe in rebates. EV's make more sense than a gas vehicle at this stage, so why should our fellow Canadians give us money to get one?

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Do you really think people need EV rebates who can can afford to purchase a >$70,000 truck?

I know it would be nice - but we are in a mountain of debt already - and subsidizing a really expensive discretionary product really doesn’t make too much sense to the average tax payer.

I don’t think the lack of a rebate will have any major effect of tesla being able to supply/ sell as many cybertrucks as they can in Canada for the coming years - hence having a rebate really doesn’t make much sense.
a subsidy to a 45k hybrid makes no sense if you want a BEV or to transition away from fossil fuel...and a 70k truck isn't crazy, depending on your market I guess. maybe in Toronto, but not in rural BC. a subsidy won't break my ability to buy a CT, but at least it's not money going to a fossil fuel business.

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
They are a joke compared to US. But I also don't believe in rebates. EV's make more sense than a gas vehicle at this stage, so why should our fellow Canadians give us money to get one?
rebates are simply a subsidy, which fossil fuel gets already, so let's at least fund an avenue away from fossil fuel.

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

I'll buy a CT regardless, however having a subsidy on a Prius hybrid is retarded when none are available for the EV company that's supplying full BEV's for the majority of all global sales.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Australian subsidies are even worse.
Each state has it's own version because the Federal government is mired in coal mining relationships.
And what subsidies do exist are limited to the first 'X' amount of purchasers.
Like it's a free set of steak knives for the first 200 callers.
It's not serious at all.
Sponsored