OP
OP

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It's adorable. I hope they make them... There should be a decent market for custom vehicles.

-Crissa
Doesn’t have the sexiness of the CT, but yes looks like it could easily be customized to a long range of commercial customers.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Canoo electric truck 3C108F50-C8A1-4E43-BF84-3317B4FCA65B

Canoo pickup design got sooo much right excepting the pinched tail. Bed extender to barn doors the renders reflect a design campaign fleshed thoroughly.
Tesla Cybertruck Canoo electric truck E84B6406-0BFD-44A9-BE56-04F2DD3F8AE5

A pure pickup squarely van-like design is aimed at Volkswagon’s successful bus T-series. Its a compelling proposition for International markets, Overlanders, delivery and lite duty tradesman. Its design travels well abroad in non-US markets that are quite familiar with this size form factor. This is what a forward control designed platform looks like.

A niche first entry, if it gains mindshare into its category it could warrant other utilitarian purpose-driven designs in vans, people mover and box adaptations to follow-on. Interesting Canoo chose the mass market as its entry point. Hope its not a passion project.

edit:typo

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
It's not my style, but I think it's really cool and very functional.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
Good Looking Rig. A great application would be towing a smaller light weight fifth-wheel camp trailer.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
It looks like a 1984 toyota van to me..
Tesla Cybertruck Canoo electric truck CA95ED71-3AFF-4BAA-9622-0B4660DCE168

Toyota van w/Starlink LOL

@CompMaster nailed it! CompMaster point is that Toyota owns mindshare good or bad. No different than Cybertruck’s F-150 mindshare that persists. Internationally that’s headwind reinforced by Mitsubishi’s Delica.
Tesla Cybertruck Canoo electric truck C2B364EA-5871-4FA5-A7B6-593803663210

Standout feature Canoo brings is its integrated modular design scheme. That‘s bonus “adaptability”. Its MVP, minimum viable product, a pickup, addresses an established market segment, ICE, to be replaced soon by BEV. So less van more pickup..

Canoo engineered out Toyota‘s car platform overhangs front and rear. Its truck-first platform provides clearance, approach angle and wheelbase which adds usability. BEV low CG prevents rollover prone ICE narrow wheeled vehicles. It opens up Int’l markets to Canoo day one. Its innovation in design that solidly addresses platform Safety, usability and adaptability.

Adaptability will sink or float Canoo.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interesting design, but not for me.

I like how the EV revolution has opened up the possibility of new auto maker startups. A decade ago the idea seemed impossible! That said, we have yet to see any real volume production from anyone except Tesla so maybe the whole industry is vaporware (Tesla excluded). Heck, even the legacy auto makers struggle to produce EVs at volume.

I feel like we are in an EV bubble perhaps like the .com bubble of the late 90s. Anybody with cool renders can make a billion dollars.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
I like it. Prior to the release of the CT there was a rendering of the Tesla truck that basically had the shape of the Tesla Semi. I really wanted that. I like cab forward designs. Somehow the driving position makes them fun to drive.
There’s Tesla truck or van? A semi-sweet mini me!

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
I like it. Did they say if they were going to sell it or if it was subscription based?

I just don't see how this company survives on its own without some other major player coming in that helps with volume and service. Like a government contract, amazon, apple, or a legacy auto. Thoughts?