First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Just read about a carjacking attempt on a Model 3 in Jacksonville, FL

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tes...med-an-attempt-to-steal-a-car-using-a-firearm

Since the CT is bulletproof a carjacker will have to attack before you get into the CT. Once inside your secure and can speed away, just be sure not to run over the attacker ;)
Always good to learn/know self defence and/ or a few good aggressive offense techniques plus have a light strong manoeuvrable axe handle , CCW (be trained and have your permît/license for this one) , or some such thing, within ones grasp in the vehicle or on oneself.

But in Texas and a few other areas a good buddy named "Smith and Wesson" can do the trick.

Last edited:

JudgeMetal

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Always good to learn/know self defence and/ or a few good aggressive offense techniques plus have a light strong manoeuvrable axe handle, CCW (be fully trained for this one) , or some such thing, within ones grasp in the vehicle or on oneself.

But in Texas and a few other areas a good buddy named "Smith and Wesson" can do the trick.
It’s always good to know your local laws too.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Having a nice stainless steel pen in your shirt pocket can be very useful and you don't have to think about local laws.
When I tent camped in Baja, I always had my speargun with me. It worked pretty good for getting dinner too.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Flip the script...Give 'em the truck. It's theirs for exactly as long as it takes you to reach a terminal. Remote shutdown... or better yet FSD to JPD
Good

Other optiones
Each trip is entered in Cybertruck computer with a navigation path. A password needs to be entered for new trip paths or to change path. If someone tries to drive Cybertruck on a different path, Cybertruck just parks itself until password re-entered.

Each Cybertruck owner has a small panic button remote. When panic button pressed, after all doors are closed, Cybertruck under FSD control will drive to the nearest police station.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Always good to learn/know self defence and have a light strong manoeuvrable axe handle, CCW (be fully trained for this one) , or some such thing, within ones grasp.

If all else "fails" Mike Tyson- in his fighting years - said it well "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face".

A good CLACK can give one enough time to neutralize the situation.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
If you want to carry be properly trained, there is a fair amount of people who just buy a gun and think that is enough and that is where the stats say more people get a gun used against them in a situation

When I live in Washington state I had a friend who was a LEO and one thing he told me was if somebody came onto your property and tried to rob you, you need to shoot to kill and make sure the entry wound is in the front of their body, otherwise you the victim could be in a lot of trouble

My self I prefer a shotgun with 00 buckshot for home defense. I used to own a 10 gauge shotgun that was rifled for a deer slug, it was very destructive up to 20 yards

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
If all else "fails" Mike Tyson- in his fighting years - said it well "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face".

A good CLACK can give one enough time to neutralize the situation.
A good “clack”? Is that similar to the “wham” and “pow” used by Batman in the ‘60s?

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
If you want to carry be properly trained, there is a fair amount of people who just buy a gun and think that is enough and that is where the stats say more people get a gun used against them in a situation

When I live in Washington state I had a friend who was a LEO and one thing he told me was if somebody came onto your property and tried to rob you, you need to shoot to kill and make sure the entry wound is in the front of their body, otherwise you the victim could be in a lot of trouble

My self I prefer a shotgun with 00 buckshot for home defense. I used to own a 10 gauge shotgun that was rifled for a deer slug, it was very destructive up to 20 yards
The terminology is you shoot to stop. If taken to court and you use the phrase “ shoot to kill” it shows intent.
You always shoot to stop. Your defense is, I was in fear of my life.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I never owned a gun but now that I have all this knowledge, I feel like, I owe it to myself to get one. Once I have the knowledge and the gun, it would be such a waste, if I didn't find an excuse to use them. Sounds like a plan. Then again as it was mentioned here before, everyone has a plan until .....
Nah, somebody has to be a victim, it may as well be me. I remember in school when we were asked if you want to be a lion or gazelle, everyone wanted to be a lion. I always thought gazelle made a lot more sense. Lions had to work for a living everyday, spend all their time to plot how to get that gazelle and finally when they were too tired to run have a slow miserable death. gazelles were retired all their life jumping around having fun and never had to chase after their food. If they happen to be one of the unlucky ones at some point, they would have an uncomfortable few minutes and wouldn't be there to regret anything after. Their batting average on how they spend their days seemed much better even if those days were fewer for some of them. I opt to remain a cautious gazelle (behind CT's bullet proof glass).

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hyperbole much?

Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why by Laurence Gonzales

Pretty good read for those interested. I found myself skipping to the many detailed stories, a couple I had read about but most were new to me.

It's not about crime but there is some correlation.
Excerpt:

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486739629

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486803387

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486838861

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486858589

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486883473

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486928276

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486952007

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615486994300

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615487015939

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615487313710

Tesla Cybertruck Carjacking and the Cybertruck [LOCKED: NO POLITICS!] 1615487328182
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.