Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I'm in, but can t seem to find my Reservation number for an estimate of delivery. Hasn't been important as the way things were going with production; .I'd most likely be dead a decade before the delivery date. 4+ years waiting now.
Search in your email box for an email from "[email protected] "
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
They prohibit sales in Texas. Not deliveries. So in Texas right now, a Texas buyer 'buys' the car in New Mexico and then has it delivered to a showroom or service center in Texas. The staff in Texas can't talk about pricing.

And moreover, alot of us are from out of state and that wouldn't apply at all!

-Crissa
When I bought my Model 3 (in Arkansas) it sat in Dallas for over a week so I asked if I could go there to pick it up. My Tesla Rep said that they couldn't deliver in Texas for out of state residents... because... laws.

It might have been BS, but that's what they said. Granted, this was in 2019 too. 🤷🏽

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When I bought my Model 3 (in Arkansas) it sat in Dallas for over a week so I asked if I could go there to pick it up. My Tesla Rep said that they couldn't deliver in Texas for out of state residents... because... laws.

It might have been BS, but that's what they said. Granted, this was in 2019 too. 🤷🏽
Well, I don't know if it was Arkansas law, since for California they can send you the paperwork ahead of time - you can't take the car without a paper plate.

I don't know of any Texas law, tho.

-Crissa

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
You all are aware that current Texas state laws prohibit direct from manufacturer sales? You may have to pick it up in Oklahoma or another state. I'm here in Kansas and with similar laws I had to go to a Missouri Tesla location (albeit only 50 feet from the KS state line) to pick up my Model Y.
you may wanna check that.. i picked my model y up at the local tesla service center in fort worth a month ago...

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I don't know if TX law allows factory direct pickup at the Giga TX auto assembly plant. My hunch is no.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't know if TX law allows factory direct pickup at the Giga TX auto assembly plant. My hunch is no.
Texas doesn't gate their sales ban based upon delivery location. They just don't let non-dealers handle the taxes and registration, so it's more hassle but Tesla can deliver cars in the state.

-Crissa
Sponsored