Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I gotta stop before the bottom of the hill, tho. There's a highway and then a river. Neither I want to run into.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I gotta stop before the bottom of the hill, tho. There's a highway and then a river. Neither I want to run into.

-Crissa
There are trails on the backside of UCSC which dump out onto the highway. The trails are all sort of gray/ off official maps. Sometimes the highway patrol would sit at the bottom and ticket everyone who popped out onto the highway at the bottom.

It was tough for me to justify going to Santa Cruz to ride…

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
reservation for 2 motor Cybertruck, Nissan Leaf, Subau Outback, Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
Occupation
programmer
Country flag
RE: Getting dumped.

Um.... Unless I'm going around pushing over other people's bikes, the main issue in getting my bike dumped has more to do with the rider than the bike itself. The bike may only have brake fluid, but I've got blood to keep in place. Not sure I want to be "more rough" with my bike.

The only times (thank god) that I have downed my motorcycle it has always been going less than 5 mph, and usually under 3.

In a decade and more of riding, it happens, from loose sand on a smooth parking garage floor, to weird angled exit to that CVS in Texas... Drops happen, they happen to the best and the worst. I try to learn from them, but 500-900lbs of motorcycle, even well balanced as my current and previous motorcycle were, a small delay, misjudged timing, or over correction... and gravity wins.

Plus for those doing more adventure and off roading, there is even more situations where you have to put the bike down... Just watch any of the good ADV travel YouTube channels (my favorite is Itchy Boots) and people who have literally ridden around the planet still get into situations where the bike goes down.

OP
OP
Rthardison

Rthardison

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model 3, Model S
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'll eat my shorts if Tesla produces a Cybertruck with more than 200kwh of battery capacity :D
I agree, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. 😀

OP
OP
Rthardison

Rthardison

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model 3, Model S
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I agree, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. 😀
Tesla is going to make a semi that goes 300 miles pulling a trailer. Why can’t they make a Cybertruck that can do the same?

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I am currently road tripping in my Model Y LR and 300 miles of range is plenty due to the abundance of locations and efficiency of the Supercharger Network. We have 100 lbs of ebikes hanging off a trailer hitch rack and still get close to 300 miles of range in the 326 mile optimal range Model Y.

If the Cybertruck gets an honest 300 mile range, that will be sufficient to get me and my bikes to just about anywhere I want to travel. The Supercharger Network is the reason for my confidence and it has been well tested by many including myself.

I'm sure there are outlier use cases and while more range is always better, 300 miles is all I require in an EV ...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck MY Prius Merc VW
Country flag

-Crissa
You know what they say: if braking no longer helps, accelerate! 🤣

Rivers are meant to be crossed, bridge or not.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We have 100 lbs of ebikes hanging off a trailer hitch rack and still get close to 300 miles of range in the 326 mile optimal range Model Y.
I almost never get more than 240 miles if I have bikes on my Model Y. If I got 300 miles consistently I’d be even more excited about the Model Y.

Range with bikes on the bike is my biggest gripe about this car. Not enough back country chargers being the number two related frustration

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
reservation for 2 motor Cybertruck, Nissan Leaf, Subau Outback, Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
Occupation
programmer
Country flag
I almost never get more than 240 miles if I have bikes on my Model Y. If I got 300 miles consistently I’d be even more excited about the Model Y.

Range with bikes on the bike is my biggest gripe about this car. Not enough back country chargers being the number two related frustration
I am curious, which back country location does not have a charger close enough?

Montana? Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona? Colorado?

I know there are definitely large sections of the country that are more than 100 miles away from a Super Charger, but I am kind of curious where these locations are.

CYBERBACKPACK