CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
Cybertruck has a fold down seat with armrest/storage/cupholders on the back. Ford has a dedicated console tunnel with storage/cupholders/fold-out work surface. Which is more utilitarian? Which is the preferred design?
Tesla Cybertruck Center console/seat: who got it right? console_com
Sponsored

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
The flipping gear selector is a solution to a problem that Ford created in the first place. Just put it back on the steering rack or put it around the start button like Dodge.

That aside... While I do prefer a full center console, I would still buy one with the center seat as it's more useful.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I like the center seat 100%. It would be really handy in a pinch, in particular when we have the two kids with us and want to give Nana and Papa a lift - prefer not to leave Nana behind. I also have a huge preference for side-by-side cup holders, rather than front/back. With front back it's always "which one is mine". I must have heard/said those words a thousand times in my old focus. A third cup holder is a big bonus two, the wife always gets a smoothie and a coffee at McD's and I'm waiting at the window for her to figure out where the second drink is gonna go.

In truth I am irrationally excited about the CT center seat/console set up, it just impacts my life virtually every day.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
After a few years of driving an F-350 with a fold-down jumper seat, I can assure you that the fold down seat will be just as practical for business and even more practical when it comes to cramming as many kids anddogs into my cybertruck as possible.

OP
OP
CoyoteJim

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
My diesel F-250 (the one I’m looking to replace) has a fold-down center seat with storage and cup holders on the back. Always seemed useful enough, and with the seat up there was still enough room for legs even with the 9” transmission hump (though using the stick shift made it awkward for both the driver and that center-seat occupant). The Cybertruck looks to be about the same setup as my old F-250 but with probably more leg room. That being said, my model 3 has a console but the storage compartments go pretty deep.

The Lightning should have no transmission/drive shaft tunnel so is there some amazing amount of secret extra space hidden under there? Can you get to it? Or did Ford use the same body parts from the rest of the F series line so they were stuck with a transmission hump they had to cover over. Did they make use of it in some really cool way like allowing you to drop a panel in the Mega Power Frunk so you can slip your skis back underneath the console and lock them up for safe-keeping? (And charge up your electric skis from one of the power ports while heading to the slopes*)

*Electric skis accessory to be introduced at a later date.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I also have a huge preference for side-by-side cup holders, rather than front/back. With front back it's always "which one is mine".
:LOL:
I was JUST having this same conversation with my wife this weekend! Told her I couldn't wait for the CT with side-by-side holders so she wouldn't have to ask me which drink is hers anymore!

FWIW, the holder farther back is ALWAYS my holder in my Tacoma.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
:LOL:
I was JUST having this same conversation with my wife this weekend! Told her I couldn't wait for the CT with side-by-side holders so she wouldn't have to ask me which drink is hers anymore!

FWIW, the holder farther back is ALWAYS my holder in my Tacoma.
Just don't mix up the spit cup with the drinking cup! ??

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Which is the preferred design?
You're kidding right? An extra 6th, almost full-sized seat for a family member, or more space to store clutter and crap your wife brings into the vehicle?

I'll take the seat. She needs to simplify her life and get rid of crap anyway.
Sponsored