Center Seat Delete Campaign!

Should the Cybertruck have a front center seat?

• Total voters

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't know about you all, but I think the Cybertruck would be better *without* the front center seat, and a more typical center console instead.

Maybe if enough of us make enough noise we can get the powers that be to listen. Who's with me?

#centerSeatDelete
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Okay, read my lips: Did I say room for me 'n four strippers, or ROOM FOR ME 'N FIVE STRIPPERS? I think you know the answer. Center seat stays! :mad:

Just kidding, really. My wife always likes to sit next to me as we head on down the road. Keep the center seat!

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Torque values for the CT are up there. I need side bolster support and hip bolsters to relax muscles in my back. Yaw and head toss situations become taxing without bolsters.

Tahoe uses a semi-bench bucket seat. Its extremely forgiving and comfort first. But its not supportive. The seat lacks bolsters, instead opting for an arm rest cum bolster solution.

Offroad is rough on the back without bolster support. A center seat configuration demands bolster-less transition to slide across. For that reason alone “delete” got my vote.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I need side bolster support
It looks like these seats are quite capable of holding you in place. Only the middle seat person may slide around during the canyon carving and that may not be such a bad thing depending on who is sitting there ;)

p.s. I didn't turn this into a British CT. The photo was just like this when I stole it.

Tesla Cybertruck Center Seat Delete Campaign! 1618926210447

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Center Seat Delete Campaign! terior-yoke-steering-wheel-performance-pedals-jpe
fold the seat down = center console. Now to poll if we get rid of this poll or not... ;)

S'got cupholders, probably storage under that elbow pillow and wouldnt be surprised if it's got wireless phonecharger as well as usb-c.

Cheers.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Torque values for the CT are up there. I need side bolster support and hip bolsters to relax muscles in my back. Yaw and head toss situations become taxing without bolsters.

Tahoe uses a semi-bench bucket seat. Its extremely forgiving and comfort first. But its not supportive. The seat lacks bolsters, instead opting for an arm rest cum bolster solution.

Offroad is rough on the back without bolster support. A center seat configuration demands bolster-less transition to slide across. For that reason alone “delete” got my vote.
In the Ram, the driver and passenger seat are the same (with side bolsters), whether you have a center console, or 3 across seating. Only difference is full console, or middle seat with fold down partial console. Tesla looks like they put in nice driver/passenger seat with good bolstering and included a middle seat. You should be alright with the middle seat

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don't know about you all, but I think the Cybertruck would be better *without* the front center seat, and a more typical center console instead.

Maybe if enough of us make enough noise we can get the powers that be to listen. Who's with me?

#centerSeatDelete
Elon Musk told the world several months ago that the design is complete. So, whatever that is, it is done for the time being and I take him at his statement. I am certain that comments like this haven’t gone unnoticed since they started being voiced almost immediately after the unveiling. So we live with whatever comes out.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I have had many times where one additional seat in my truck would have been extremely nice. As long as the seat / center console has storage and a wireless charging capability, I say keep the center seat. If people are worried about not having enough storage in the center seat/console (not deep enough), I'm sure an additional tray under the center seat could provide extra. There should be room, because the center hump doesn't exist in a BEV, right?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
terior-yoke-steering-wheel-performance-pedals-jpeg.jpg
fold the seat down = center console. Now to poll if we get rid of this poll or not... ;)

S'got cupholders, probably storage under that elbow pillow and wouldnt be surprised if it's got wireless phonecharger as well as usb-c.

Cheers.
Changed vote to “keep it”.

Pic shows Recaro‘s seat which fit me perfect.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Need to keep it. Center seat is one of the things that will make my wife happy about the CT (sitting next to me just like the old days).
Sponsored