Chett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Superintendent
Country flag
I want to change from a single motor to a dual motor.
I ordered a single motor during the presentation so I should have a fairly low number. After putting in my number and it came back delivery in July 2023. So my question is, when my number comes up, will tesla call me and asked me if I wanna upgrade? Because I’m not waiting for 2 1/2 more years for my CT.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I want to change from a single motor to a dual motor.
I ordered a single motor during the presentation so I should have a fairly low number. After putting in my number and it came back delivery in July 2023. So my question is, when my number comes up, will tesla call me and asked me if I wanna upgrade? Because I’m not waiting for 2 1/2 more years for my CT.
This is a question that has Ben asked and answered many, many, many times. Perhaps the administrators could pin this to an FAQ.

Tesla changed the order of manufacture from single first to Trimotor first due to the unexpected demand for the higher cost model. It's in Tesla's business interest will let you spend more money without negative consequences, so they will want you be able to let you get the higher priced model and not move to the back of the line.

From the past threads dealing with this subject delivery has been by geographic area and trim level. Moving to a higher trim level likely moves you ahead in line, even though your reservation number is unchanged.

Tesla has a motivated interest to sell the most expensive cars first. If they have a choice between selling a $40k vehicle and $50k in the same manufacturing time slot, they'll choose to sell the $50k vehicle.

If you go to your Tesla account you can select the “edit” function and change your model. No, it will not change your reservation number.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla has always reached out to people in order of their reservation numbers and attempted to upsell them, as well.

And as the configurator isn't finished yet, there's no reason to edit it yet.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You could just edit your entry on this site to see how much the estimate changes. Keep in mind that the estimates are probably not even close to the actual dates you will get. There are a number of assumptions built into the estimates that could turn out to be wildly wrong. But the estimates are probably the best estimates possible at the moment given the number of unknown factors. My hope is that the closer we get the more assumptions that will either be validated or disproven which can help improve the rest of the estimates going forward.

Amongunz

First Name
Amon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger
Country flag
This is a question that has Ben asked and answered many, many, many times. Perhaps the administrators could pin this to an FAQ.

Tesla changed the order of manufacture from single first to Trimotor first due to the unexpected demand for the higher cost model. It's in Tesla's business interest will let you spend more money without negative consequences, so they will want you be able to let you get the higher priced model and not move to the back of the line.

From the past threads dealing with this subject delivery has been by geographic area and trim level. Moving to a higher trim level likely moves you ahead in line, even though your reservation number is unchanged.

Tesla has a motivated interest to sell the most expensive cars first. If they have a choice between selling a $40k vehicle and $50k in the same manufacturing time slot, they'll choose to sell the $50k vehicle.

If you go to your Tesla account you can select the “edit” function and change your model. No, it will not change your reservation number.
My issue is, if I attempt to edit I do not keep my 7k price for fsd