Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Fun trivia. The iPhone was not in fact the first smartphone. Microsoft shipped WinCE for multiple years before the iPhone was launched. Also, Apple Watch was not the first smartwatch.

Being first isn’t the be-all-end-all people think it is.

Deleted member 12457

My definition of skeptics is anyone who doesn't like your idea. Skeptics rarely base anything on fact. They base it on their preconceived ideas (emotions) about whatever subject they want to disagree with. I like to try and be open minded, giving new technology a chance to explain itself and grow to something usable. However, my attention span can be very short when someone tosses out some obvious garbage (most ad-based motor vehicle magazines fit this). Whenever Mary Barra opens her mouth, I turn the channel because 99.9% of the things she says are at best half-truths. As for the NYT or cleantechnica article, I'm not going to read it because once they say "skeptics" I know it's a click-bait article and not worth my time. Of course, my time is better spent commenting about headlines and people than articles. (little bit of sarcasm here)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My definition of skeptics is anyone who doesn't like your idea. Skeptics rarely base anything on fact. They base it on their preconceived ideas (emotions) about whatever subject they want to disagree with. I like to try and be open minded, giving new technology a chance to explain itself and grow to something usable. However, my attention span can be very short when someone tosses out some obvious garbage (most ad-based motor vehicle magazines fit this). Whenever Mary Barra opens her mouth, I turn the channel because 99.9% of the things she says are at best half-truths. As for the NYT or cleantechnica article, I'm not going to read it because once they say "skeptics" I know it's a click-bait article and not worth my time. Of course, my time is better spent commenting about headlines and people than articles. (little bit of sarcasm here)
Seems to me like skeptic is the wrong term here. This is mostly just a bunch of willfully ignorant people in love with last generations technology. They don’t know much about Cybertruck, but they feel their strong opinions about it are valid regardless.

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can Tesla hold back the new Volvo EXBS.

How long before Stellantis overthrows tesla.

With 23 new GM EV models coming, Tesla must be shaking in its boots.

------------------

Understandable posturing.

This type of marketing has become less effective than it once was. More and more irritating to more and more people.
Sponsored