Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
CNBC did a piece about the Semi and it shows what the Megacharger looks like in-person.

Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Anyone know who "Patagonia boy" is? Comes across as a total FUDster......

Reactions: Jow

barbezat

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
SVP - Information Technology
Country flag
Anyone know who "Patagonia boy" is? Comes across as a total FUDster......
It is interesting that they didn't seem to show his name or who the hell he is...
That said - to do "real journalism" you do need to show all points of view. Although I totally agree with you about his feeding into the FUD (especially when they don't seem to tell you who the hell he is) - I think it is appropriate to show the opposing point of view. It is rare these days that the media comes out and shows things from different perspectives. Honestly, there is too little of that these days.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It is interesting that they didn't seem to show his name or who the hell he is...
That said - to do "real journalism" you do need to show all points of view. Although I totally agree with you about his feeding into the FUD (especially when they don't seem to tell you who the hell he is) - I think it is appropriate to show the opposing point of view. It is rare these days that the media comes out and shows things from different perspectives. Honestly, there is too little of that these days.
They are "programed" to have one view by advertisers that pay their wages. So don't expect it to change unless you can take money out of the loop.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That said - to do "real journalism" you do need to show all points of view.
No, no you don't. You need to show the points of view in context, and clip the ones that are out of context or are over-represented.

The editorial choice of the selection of quotes can be scrupulously honest and yet, misleading.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Man, that FreightWaves guy was spilling FUD - the trucks are low range (they're not) they're low-cargo-weight (they're not) they're low torque (evs are better than diesel). Then he did the 'Tesla doesn't have service guys but these others do!' argument that we've seen time and again does not bear out for traditional manufacturers trying to make EVs: Their experience is worth bupkis when they need to retrain their entire business model from techs to sales people on the EVs. You know, just like Tesla will have to.

So much wrong out of his mouth.

-Crissa

(This has been sitting in my queue to watch until now, when I'm home alone and bored out of my gourd ^-^)
Sponsored