g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Joe's flybys have been showing stacks of battery packs stored inside the factory.

It's so hard to know what they're doing with the batteries. Cycle life testing? Building up a store to allow longer processes to catch up?

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's quite likely the stacks of batteries are 2170s from Freemont. I don't see why they'd build a 2170 assembly line at Texas if they are phasing them out. More likely, they are taking the excess capacity from Freemont and building up inventory so they can keep up with Model Y production until they get the 4680 line running fast enough to keep up with Cybertruck and Model Y production.
They don't make Model 3/Y battery packs in Fremont.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's quite likely the stacks of batteries are 2170s from Freemont. I don't see why they'd build a 2170 assembly line at Texas if they are phasing them out. More likely, they are taking the excess capacity from Freemont and building up inventory so they can keep up with Model Y production until they get the 4680 line running fast enough to keep up with Cybertruck and Model Y production.
Agree (mostly), I just said it poorly earlier. They are not doing any 2170 assembly in Texas, they do that in Nevada (not Fremont though your point is still valid). I was trying to say the packs were received from Nevada and waiting for final assembly into the car.

Fremont is producing 4680 packs and it’s possible that’s what these are.

If the packs were assembled in Texas, it would almost certainly be 4680s from their in house production line. Which IMO would be good news since I‘ve seen little other confirmation it is running.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Joe's flybys have been showing stacks of battery packs stored inside the factory.

It's so hard to know what they're doing with the batteries. Cycle life testing? Building up a store to allow longer processes to catch up?

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa
yea.....quien sabe

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You might be taking me and yourself too seriously. It's supposed to be a joke (as most of my posts are anyways).

But yeah, the prevailing working atmosphere at Tesla that now seems to be confirmed at Twitter is that if things only gets done when Elon is looking over their shoulder.
he has managers. this twitter idea baffles me. SpaceX hasn't lagged so why would Tesla.... jeez people have some faith in his people.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You might be taking me and yourself too seriously. It's supposed to be a joke (as most of my posts are anyways).

But yeah, the prevailing working atmosphere at Tesla that now seems to be confirmed at Twitter is that if things only gets done when Elon is looking over their shoulder.
Where did you hear this nonsense?

He spent much of the first half of this year working mostly on SpaceX projects.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I think the next few months will be exciting for Cybertruck information (leakage and/or announcements).

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

precisely. Twitter should have 0 to do with how Tesla is doing. I think it goes to show the difference between those that understand the broad picture like Ark, versus the people that think everything has to be only Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't think the packs are 2170. No reason to queue them. We also haven't seen proof positive the Texas 2170 Model Y uses a seats-on-pack design like the Berlin model. We saw some non-seats-on-pack bodies in white a couple months ago. Remember the gold one?

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Minimum 2.3 million vehicles, and significant Megapack rollout next year.

1. PE will be 12 by end of 2023 if price remains unchanged.

2. If PE remains as is. Stands to reason stock price goes up correspondingly. X3

I find it amazing that a stock growing @ 50% could have a PE of 12!!!

Option 2 is minimum outcome imo.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Agree (mostly), I just said it poorly earlier. They are not doing any 2170 assembly in Texas, they do that in Nevada (not Fremont though your point is still valid). I was trying to say the packs were received from Nevada and waiting for final assembly into the car.

Fremont is producing 4680 packs and it’s possible that’s what these are.

If the packs were assembled in Texas, it would almost certainly be 4680s from their in house production line. Which IMO would be good news since I‘ve seen little other confirmation it is running.
... making that correction now.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I don't think the packs are 2170. No reason to queue them. We also haven't seen proof positive the Texas 2170 Model Y uses a seats-on-pack design like the Berlin model. We saw some non-seats-on-pack bodies in white a couple months ago. Remember the gold one?

-Crissa
Right. Now that I think of it, Tesla could be stockpiling the 4680 structural Model Y packs for now so that when they get to a point where they can produce 4680s at GigaTexas, they can draw from this stack first. That way, they don't have to ping pong between body types. (structural vs. floored)

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

I'm pretty sure my double-lined tinfoil hat was working when these info are being transmitted. :p

And are you in fact supporting my premise that Elon has tendencies to be distracted, first half of the year Space X and now Twitter. I hope the 2nd biggest Tesla stockholder is credible enough source.

Hint, Elon Musk claims that he sleeps on factory floor at Tesla. Explains why Tesla has high turnover of his Head of Operations.

A would be true-to-life scenario for me had my CEO insist to sit with us with the company lawyer in my final loan negotiation with Citibank -- and I'll be mortgaging all the company's major assets to back up the loan. I'll put out my resignation right then and there and I'll take this CEOs move as lack of confidence.

It will be cute for Elon to have a sleepover on the birth of the very first Tesla vehicle but a huge distraction to everyone else if he keeps on doing this sleeping-on-factory-floor stunt the next time -- and every so often.
Sponsored