Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Wonder what this means (if anything)... there's no more configurations listed and available to choose from on the Cybertruck ordering page. This is what appears now.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

View attachment 9138
This means that the launch party is officially over.

The Latest RN’s will be ordering after the launch ended. The number of Cybertruck orders ahead of these Jonny come lately’s (1M+) are so many years out that both cost and configuration are indeterminable even by specification. So its “Take a number”…

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
They may be planning on dropping the RWD version.
I haven't seen a breakdown of how many of each version have been pre-ordered.
If the percentage of RWD is low enough to risk losing those buyers Tesla may opt to do that and get other buyers their trucks faster. They will still make it up in volume.
The other electric trucks out there are going to be at least as expensive as a two motor Tesla so many RWD buyers may opt to upgrade.
Just another piece in this big jigsaw puzzle.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don’t know what it means or if it means anything at all.

They pulled all the specs off the page too which makes me wonder if they are updating the specs.

They don’t even list 3 configurations any more.

Last edited:

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I know the Ford Lightning reservations you just reserve a Lightning, then you pick your specific trim and options when the ordering portal opens.

This should cut down on the number of people with multiple reservations, and ultimately reduce the number of canceled orders from people putting in a reservation for each trim type. It sounds like Tesla is adopting this policy, which I think is a smart move.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
They just don't give a shit what configuration you want, "We'll figure that out later", because this will determine when you get it. I guess.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is one of those times when Tesla’s lack of communications is very frustrating.

The fact that they no longer list the 3 motor types, ranges, or capacities is more bothersome than the fact that they removed the prices and ability to order a specific configuration.

If I go to my account page, it still lists tri motor in my configuration. But I can no longer edit the configuration, can’t switch to dual motor or even add FSD. There is a link to contact them if I want to cancel.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This means that the launch party is officially over.

The Latest RN’s will be ordering after the launch ended. The number of Cybertruck orders ahead of these Jonny come lately’s (1M+) are so many years out that both cost and configuration are indeterminable even by specification. So its “Take a number”…
I agree, from now on they don't know how long it will be till these reservation holders number comes up. By the time those numbers come up, the specs. prices, everything will probably be different. It's kinda like, if Ford took $100 reservation on the 2025 next-generation Lightning.
You are taking a number!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Actually, I think this means the price has increased. Seeing how everything is shooting up in price, they may change the price for all orders after this. But not ours, these are set in stone.
Right??
Our orders are set in sand.

I think we’re good… but them removing the three configs from the home page has me wondering if they are either going to be releasing more specific specs or something else.

Glad I put a second order in for a single motor with FSD. Of course it’s pretty far down the stack and a single motor so might not see it until well into the 2030s…

Last edited:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
My personal opinion, and I have been expecting this, is that they can’t hold that $39k, $49k, $69k pricing any longer. I could be wrong but I have been surprised that they kept letting people place orders with those costs listed. I hope this means that if your order is in, you get what was listed but the orders from here on out may change in price. So don’t edit your orders and give them justification to change your cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s not just the pricing that’s gone though, most of the specs specific to the three configurations are gone too. There used to be a table with all the differences. It doesn’t even say “Tri Motor” ”Dual Motor” or “Single Motor” anywhere on the page anymore. There are no longer ranges or separate capacities listed either, just some more generic “Up to 3500 pounds capacity…”.

Also, the option to change your existing configuration was removed from the account page.

My feeling is the specs are going to change significantly based on the beta trucks or some additional engineering/ design work they have done.

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
Our orders are set in sand.

I think we’re good… but them removing the three configs from the home page has me wondering if they are either going to be releasing more specific specs or something else.

Glad I put a second order in for a single motor with FSD. Of course it’s pretty far down the stack and a single motor so might not see it until well into the 2030s…
I did the same. Dual Motor FSD @ 77 K then a Single Motor FSD at # 675,000 in the que. This way I should have a early Gen and second or third generation CT.

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
We are coming up on 2 years since this was announced. Many of us, even first hour reservation holders like myself, will not see a cybertruck in the driveway until at least 2023. A lot can happen in 4 years. The fact they still have not shown of the final release candidate tells me they are still fiddling with it. No doubt price will go up. More time to save up.
Sponsored