Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Consumer Reports on Cybertruck 1683673680736

Love CR's prices! But fall asleep before you dream ...
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Please..... Consumer Reports? there is no product for them to actually test therefore whatever they publish is a 'nothingburger'.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
1683673680736.png

Love CR's prices! But fall asleep before you dream ...
I am missing the point here. There is no news, or information, here. Not only that, but CR has demonstrated active antagonism to Tesla, so why would anyone publish anything they publish here?

OP
OP
Art O'Connor

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Actually, I thought CR was a promoter of Tesla? I suppose you guys are antagonistic toward CR because they report the truth about Tesla. That means CR notices the warts. Perhaps you never want to hear a discouraging word about YOUR vehicle company, even if it is true? When you look at CR ratings, you need to consider what factors are important to you. CR rates the Kia EV6 at the top, but it is a brand new vehicle. How is the real reliability going to be? Your are taking a chance. Which is why I do not want one of the first Cybertrucks off the line, or in the first year of production. No other outfit is as unbiased or does as extensive testing so you can make a comparison. But they are not perfect, which is why I said to look closely at how CR rates things. Besides, what I wanted you to notice is the PRICE CR listed! Really? I can get my quad motor 500 mile range Cybertruck for $69,900? I am going to go to bed now and dream ....

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Actually, I thought CR was a promoter of Tesla? I suppose you guys are antagonistic toward CR because they report the truth about Tesla. That means CR notices the warts. Perhaps you never want to hear a discouraging word about YOUR vehicle company, even if it is true? When you look at CR ratings, you need to consider what factors are important to you. CR rates the Kia EV6 at the top, but it is a brand new vehicle. How is the real reliability going to be? Your are taking a chance. Which is why I do not want one of the first Cybertrucks off the line, or in the first year of production. No other outfit is as unbiased or does as extensive testing so you can make a comparison. But they are not perfect, which is why I said to look closely at how CR rates things. Besides, what I wanted you to notice is the PRICE CR listed! Really? I can get my quad motor 500 mile range Cybertruck for $69,900? I am going to go to bed now and dream ....
when the magazine makes an article about a vehicle that we don't know the specs of, or the price of, how can they give a review?

Hoth Skier

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, SX4
Occupation
Retail
Country flag
Since CR is strongly funded by the Ford Foundation, I really don’t think they are an objective source of information on the auto industry. I guess they probably have credibility when it comes to lawn mowers.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
CR is the definitive automotive review site for octogenarians who prefer cockpit designs frozen in 1985 and think that the Subaru Impreza is "stylish." For others they are irrelevant

OP
OP
Art O'Connor

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Since CR is strongly funded by the Ford Foundation, I really don’t think they are an objective source of information on the auto industry. I guess they probably have credibility when it comes to lawn mowers.
Ah ... did you access the CR report before you typed this? Do it now and look at the rating for the F150 Lightning. Thanks.

OP
OP
Art O'Connor

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
CR is the definitive automotive review site for octogenarians who prefer cockpit designs frozen in 1985 and think that the Subaru Impreza is "stylish." For others they are irrelevant

OP
OP
Art O'Connor

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Yes, CR rates Cadillacs for octogenarians, but most of their ratings are for normal folks. Again, you guys missed the point of my post - humor! When they finally ship, I guarantee the price will NOT be anywhere near the CR estimate from Elon's years ago rants. I would guess, at least $20K more. I still want my Cybertruck because it does not look like anything an octogenarian would drive, although I might be one before mine ships!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Yes, CR rates Cadillacs for octogenarians, but most of their ratings are for normal folks. Again, you guys missed the point of my post - humor! When they finally ship, I guarantee the price will NOT be anywhere near the CR estimate from Elon's years ago rants. I would guess, at least $20K more. I still want my Cybertruck because it does not look like anything an octogenarian would drive, although I might be one before mine ships!
Nice to have another insider from Tesla on the forum with insight to the pricing. Much appreciated.

I am sure you need to keep it on the down low but what department do you work in? Have you had the chance to drive a Beta or Alpha version of the Cybertruck yet?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Click bait CR with Ford being part owners.

Oh yeah, CR completely unbiased. As with most things follow the money….
:ROFLMAO: y’all are only indicating you don’t know much about either CR or the Ford Foundation

sometimes I think there’s a Reddit subgroup where y’all workshop these bits
Sponsored