Could the Single and Dual motor CT's end up using the same size battery?

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Based on: With more electric motors on the vehicle its efficiency of range is increased with the same batter pack. Could we possibly see the CTx1 and CTx2 using the same battery pack for ease of manufacturing? I am not sure the efficiency could cover the entire 50 mile range difference BUT Tesla as I understand it in the past has put a higher tier batter pack in vehicles than what they are sold as. I don't recall which model S it was though and I believe they offered a paid for OTA upgrade to unlock the battery. Perhaps Tesla could do the same with the CTx1 and leave that extra battery "juice" as a buffer for the 20-80% charge optimization where the CTx1 would seem to degrade less due this design or they could offer an over the air "upgrade" to squeeze out those few extra miles of range? Basically by this design even a 10% empty battery would actually have 20% and a 100% battery would only be at 90%. Sort of like forced battery charge optimization for longevity but without the owner every knowing it. Could also turn into an Apple iPhone battery fiasco as well.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The 'iPhone battery fiasco' was completely invented.

The battery pack already has safe margins built in. We don't know what they are.

-Crissa

OP
OP

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The 'iPhone battery fiasco' was completely invented.

The battery pack already has safe margins built in. We don't know what they are.

-Crissa
Sorry, I was referring to the CPU/performance throttling that was done based on battery degradation/age, not safety issues.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, I was referring to the CPU/performance throttling that was done based on battery degradation/age, not safety issues.
Like I said, that was invented. Old battery packs had lower peak draw; and if they hit their lowered ceiling, they would crash.

People complaining were previously complaining that old phones crashed more often. Then they were complaining that they ran slower (but didn't crash). Then they were complaining that third-party batteries that didn't report their health properly weren't recognized.

Invented. There was never a problem with the batteries or the throttling.

-Crissa

OP
OP

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Like I said, that was invented. Old battery packs had lower peak draw; and if they hit their lowered ceiling, they would crash.

People complaining were previously complaining that old phones crashed more often. Then they were complaining that they ran slower (but didn't crash). Then they were complaining that third-party batteries that didn't report their health properly weren't recognized.

Invented. There was never a problem with the batteries or the throttling.

-Crissa
Either way it still was a public fiasco, invented or not due to the appearance and lack of transparency.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Either way it still was a public fiasco, invented or not due to the appearance and lack of transparency.
It was a media invention. No ones' phone got limited that weren't already past the lifetime of the battery and wouldn't already have been crashing.

And people only knew about it because of the transparency.

-Crissa
Sponsored