Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 06 Tacoma is getting a little long in the tooth, so I was out shopping for a new 4Runner as a replacement. I have a day #2 reservation on the Cybertruck so I thought "what the heck" and called Tesla about potential delivery dates. I was informed 60-90 days for first deliveries. I will be patient and baby my Tacoma truck for a while longer. Lifted my spirits tremendously!
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I was informed 60-90 days for first deliveries.
did they say “first retail deliveries” or something equivalent?

because “first deliveries” alone, is unindeterminate

the first first deliveries will be RC2s to insiders.

and if history prodicts future, it’ll be another 60-120 days before first retail deliveries

that said, I’m most surprised my the notion that a customer service rep on a recorded line disclosed what’s likely material non-public information

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
did they say “first retail deliveries” or something equivalent?

because “first deliveries” alone, is unindeterminate

the first first deliveries will be RC2s to insiders.

and if history prodicts future, it’ll be another 60-120 days before first retail deliveries

that said, I’m most surprised my the notion that a customer service rep on a recorded line disclosed what’s likely material non-public information
Either way is big movement and likely enough to keep someone from getting a new vehicle beside

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My 06 Tacoma is getting a little long in the tooth, so I was out shopping for a new 4Runner as a replacement. I have a day #2 reservation on the Cybertruck so I thought "what the heck" and called Tesla about potential delivery dates. I was informed 60-90 days for first deliveries. I will be patient and baby my Tacoma truck for a while longer. Lifted my spirits tremendously!
I have a Day #2 and sitting around 98k. Where are you?

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
60-90 days is hilarious to me. I guess it could be true if they deliver one within 90 days. Even day 2 reservation won't see it until next year. I've got an 05 Tundra that's waiting as well, but it's only got 120k miles on it, so no hurry there. Day 1 reservation here. I'm not expecting to see this thing in my driveway for 6 months or longer from now.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
yeah, 60-90 days till the first delivery. Singular. I agree with above..

I expect them to take several months to ramp up to the point where 1k+ models are coming off the line every month. I have a minute one reservation (#5000) , and i don't expect to see my truck till around valentines day (half a year). with that said, i think your taco will last until then! maybe put it on ice :)

Last edited:

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
My guess for priority: Trim, reservation, location.
I am hoping geographic location is less of a factor with factory pickup option that Elon has stated will be available on release. And my trim will be whatever they make first!

Chuck2505

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 k30, 98 ram diesel, 2012 nv2500 - CT in waiting
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hey, "Delivery" means the CT is rolling off the assembly line. At age 70 I've learned patience pays off.
I'm 71, and no where near the front of the line. I'm thinking I have too much mileage on me to make it to delivery... B-(

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Landline???

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey, "Delivery" means the CT is rolling off the assembly line. At age 70 I've learned patience pays off.
We need a 70+ cybertruck owners club class. These young’ins think waiting 4 years is a lot. We’ve been waiting for 50 years or more. Legacy prototypes came out every year, then the boring production models would follow.
Sponsored