Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian goes a little cray cray over option pricing. Tesla's options ain't cheap either, but they don't charge you an extra $5k to get premium sound (only way is part of a bundle). Most of the demo builds you see in the wild also include about $4,000 - $5,000 in off-road upgrades and $2,500 in paint.

You can absolutely get the base truck for $69k though... but only in Silver or White for boring people.
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Seeing that price and knowing what Tesla has done is just mind boggling to me and I’m super excited for all of us! I cannot wait to sit inside my brand new tri-motor CT. Damn I got goose bumps again.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seeing that price and knowing what Tesla has done is just mind boggling to me and I’m super excited for all of us! I cannot wait to sit inside my brand new tri-motor CT. Damn I got goose bumps again.
I tend to agree, but Rivian deserves some major props for **shipping**. Not exactly on time, but within a few months of their target ship date. With COVID and all the crazy supply shortages, that is impressive.

Hopefully Tesla isn't much further off-schedule than Rivian was.

Monkchoi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 5Dr Wagon
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Country flag
My Subaru will be 10 yrs old by the time CT volume production picks up. A delay would buy me more time for a bigger down payment. If something does happen to my Subaru, I would have to acquire buy a used car to hold me over til' the CT arrive.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My Subaru will be 10 yrs old by the time CT volume production picks up. A delay would buy me more time for a bigger down payment. If something does happen to my Subaru, I would have to acquire buy a used car to hold me over til' the CT arrive.
Enough delay, you can blow his college fund on it and use it to teach him to drive.

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
My Model y is coming in late November. My CT number was so high that I don't expect to get the truck for 5-6 years. :) But come that day, it will be awesome.

OP
OP

KCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Rubicon, 2020 Kia Telluride
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
MY no FSD because I don't know if we'll keep it after the CT arrives. The CT is locked in at $7k and will be our long distance cruiser.