CT apocalypse vehicle?

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
is the CT able to survive all the fires? Fire retardant or heat shield tech? to add to the bio-defence mode?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, one of the big problems of vehicles in fire is the paint actually reacts to the heat. The Cybertruck won't have that problem.

Another is exposed brake lines and undercarriage - Teslas don't have that, either.

Last is that ICE vehicles need to start and breath oxygen. Fires consume available oxygen. EVs don't breathe. The one person killed in the CZU complex was found away from his vehicle which presumably was unable to continue in the heavy smoke.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Your problems will be 1) oxygen will be consumed around you feeding the fire, taking away breathable O2 from you. The air filtration system will not mean squat if there is no oxygen for it to filter out the soot and CO2 all around you 2) tires aren’t fireproof. Sooner or later it will get hot enough outside to start them melting and then burning. You can drive on the rims for a while.

Your best option is getting the hell of of Dodge well before the fire is licking your bumper. Take these little words of wisdom:

There are old soldiers.
There are bold soldiers.
There are rarely old, bold soldiers.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think they meant could the CT drive through areas that have fires present. Which I wouldn't recommend if you don't need to but the Cybertruck would be my personal choice for a vehicle to escape a fire in. Bioweapon defense can keep the smoke out and the stainless steel probably wouldn't be hard to clean. But like has been mentioned, prolonged time would be a bad idea due to reduced oxygen and heat. However, unless your tires are directly on flames for a while, I don't see the tires realistically melting before the it gets too hot for you. Even with AC, if it's hot enough outside that your truck is burning hot to the touch, it'll feel like a toaster before long.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
CalFire has new 'Fire resistant' trucks but even they don't drive through fire if they don't have to.

Bridges and roads burn.

That fire video was taken about ten miles from my house. A road I love to ride on. It's still closed. The video is them escaping after their defense point was over-run by fire.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
My oldest child is in the bay area... it seems crazy that they have to put wet towels around their door to keep the ash and smoke out.

OP
OP
SHorzy

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My oldest child is in the bay area... it seems crazy that they have to put wet towels around their door to keep the ash and smoke out.
terrible what is happening with our climate! We had it bad 2 & 3 years ago. keep safe!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I saw video of fire retardant that was dropped on a house and the house looked red but otherwise ok...much better than that car. Is there a chance that the Ford was on fire before the retardant was dropped?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But the closer they can drop it to the ground, the more it penetrates the fire and can suppress it.

So yeah, don't be in it's way! *crunch*

-Crissa
Sponsored