JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
I just had an epiphany : I guess it’s in my DNA to like simple brutalistic form following function designs.
I used to own a Porsche 914 similar to the one pictured. It was Porsche’s least expensive car at the time. And much like TESLAS Cybertruck pictured here,, it Also was derided for its appearance at the time, often called a tissue box on wheels. And also like the Cybertruck it was very polarizing, you loved or hated it.
It ALSO had a front AND rear trunk, just like the Cybertruck. It was designed as a “ PRACTICAL “ sports car,,, AND,, it was!
It could get 40mpg on the road, had a very low CG ( like the Cybertruck), handled like it was on rails, and had a top speed of 120mph,unusual for a sports car in the early 70s, and also like the Cybertruck it’s look was a direct result of its intended function, and also like the Cybertruck its shape was actually surprisingly aerodynamic but simple to construct, ALSO like the Cybertruck. I guess the mainstream will never be very accepting of such unique brutalist designs.
OH WELL!

Tesla Cybertruck CT appearance 89AD50D8-3B0E-436D-A446-C8134A645BDD

Tesla Cybertruck CT appearance 53A72682-4CE3-49BF-B0F9-4CC5B8434404
Sponsored

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I just had an epiphany : I guess it’s in my DNA to like simple brutalistic form following function designs.
I used to own a Porsche 914 similar to the one pictured. It was Porsche’s least expensive car at the time. And much like TESLAS Cybertruck pictured here,, it Also was derided for its appearance at the time, often called a tissue box on wheels. And also like the Cybertruck it was very polarizing, you loved or hated it.
It ALSO had a front AND rear trunk, just like the Cybertruck. It was designed as a “ PRACTICAL “ sports car,,, AND,, it was!
It could get 40mpg on the road, had a very low CG ( like the Cybertruck), handled like it was on rails, and had a top speed of 120mph,unusual for a sports car in the early 70s, and also like the Cybertruck it’s look was a direct result of its intended function, and also like the Cybertruck its shape was actually surprisingly aerodynamic but simple to construct, ALSO like the Cybertruck. I guess the mainstream will never be very accepting of such unique brutalist designs.
OH WELL!

89AD50D8-3B0E-436D-A446-C8134A645BDD.jpeg

53A72682-4CE3-49BF-B0F9-4CC5B8434404.jpeg
914 is still one of my favorite of the Porsches. The pop up headlights on the 928 was always cool to me as well.
Form following function is also the premise with BMW 2002. Also one of my favorite. German design and engineering, go figure. Boxes on wheels true, badass nonetheless.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
High school girlfriend’s father had one. Driving above 100.

Few minutes later, flashing lights and he pulled over. When the officer asked, “do you know why I pulled you over?”

No

I clocked you doing 80

”I’ll take it.”

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 85D, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
I really like the 914 as well. I thought (still think) the 911 Safari was tits.

My first car was a VW thing, and I loved it too... So yeah, it's in our DNA?
CT is objectively cool.
Sponsored