Cybertruck porcupine proof?

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
To go along with the camp mode, and the tongue in cheek apocalypse package... the CT having protection from porcupines is no joke! With old ICE vehicles you need to worry because they eat gas lines, brake lines and tires (least the CT onlay has the tires to worry about)! What can the Tesla engineers come up with here? salty tasting tires?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'd settle for porcupine proof dogs. By this I mean dogs that are smart enough to leave porcupines alone if they have been quilled before.

OP
OP
SHorzy

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
ok everyone laughed (hopefully) about porcupine proof tires..... or not. we might also need beaver safe tires. betting ppl saw the beaver eating through fibre internet cable to Tumbler Ridge, BC, Canada. eh?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have had a few dogs with quills in them... but never a tire. How unlucky do you have to be? When a porcupine crosses a road, its spines face down, not up.

I even got to do a necropsy on a porcupine in high school ^-^. Our school was too poor for frogs.

-Crissa

OP
OP
SHorzy

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have had a few dogs with quills in them... but never a tire. How unlucky do you have to be? When a porcupine crosses a road, its spines face down, not up.

I even got to do a necropsy on a porcupine in high school ^-^. Our school was too poor for frogs.

-Crissa

It is not their quills. they eat rubber

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

-Crissa
You’ve had a very varied life my friend :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
To go along with the camp mode, and the tongue in cheek apocalypse package... the CT having protection from porcupines is no joke! With old ICE vehicles you need to worry because they eat gas lines, brake lines and tires (least the CT onlay has the tires to worry about)! What can the Tesla engineers come up with here? salty tasting tires?
There was another thread about rodent-proofing, so can we lump all animals that might damage the CT internals together? I suspect that there is little anyone can do to complexly animal proof their vehicles and we have already heard that Teslas aren’t.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You’ve had a very varied life my friend :)
Grew up in the temperate rain forest, went to school where our vocational classes were machine, radio, and forestry; lived in a fishing town as a pre-teen, hung out at the interpretive center in the summer and went to university in the desert ^-^ My spouse is always amazed that even now, I've been fired from more jobs than she's had, and I haven't ben fired since we've been together for twenty years.

Life is just full of weird things, best to just lean into it!

It is not their quills. they eat rubber
...I... I know they eat bark, but... tires?

This is the first I have ever heard of them eating tires. O-o Is this a new thing? Like how some modern plastics smell like food to rats?

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
There was another thread about rodent-proofing, so can we lump all animals that might damage the CT internals together? I suspect that there is little anyone can do to complexly animal proof their vehicles and we have already heard that Teslas aren’t.
All Tesla needs to do design the food version of alloys they use (something maximum number of offenders will like). Keep some in a sealed container with automated hatch that is opened by Sentry mode When a shady character gives your tires a funny look. If they have something better to eat, they won’t eat your tire. We pay off all the animals around our house with food and they never act up (kinda like protection nuts and seeds).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
All Tesla needs to do design the food version of alloys they use (something maximum number of offenders will like). Keep some in a sealed container with automated hatch that is opened by Sentry mode When a shady character gives your tires a funny look. If they have something better to eat, they won’t eat your tire. We pay off all the animals around our house with food and they never act up (kinda like protection nuts and seeds).
OMG. Is this you?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The main animal I'm worried about with the CT is the human. Not so much that a human will do something horrible with my CT, Tesla is doing a pretty awesome job of designing away most of those concerns. But rather what other humans will do once they get themselves a CT. I can imagine people driving through buildings, jumping draw bridges, adding artillery (flame-throwers or machine guns anyone?), drag racing on city streets, and other less than savory behavior. In many ways, the CT could be an ideal Mad Max vehicle. Not the future I'd want to experience.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OMG. Is this you?
I'm going to sit on a snow-covered bench. Holy smokes. OMG. Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm wall-to-wall raccoon. Ready? Let's go. OMG, this is crazy. This is crazy. You know, there's gotta be 30 raccoons at least. I don't know where they all come from. OMG... Yep, they all love me. Cause I got the food!
You're about to have rabies at this rate. And just wait till you have to go out of town some weekend. Those 30 are going to break into your house looking for another 8 lbs of hot dogs.

OP
OP
SHorzy

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
...I... I know they eat bark, but... tires?

-Crissa

Brake lines and fuel lines absolutely. for fact! Kokanee Galcier! Tires, not so sure first hand but, had heard they do.

also curious if CT will be safe from...

Last edited: