Curb Mass | Payload | GVWR table w/diff AS-vs-AT & Tri-vs-Dual

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Usage:
a) analyze AS vs AT weights and distributions (orange header) ie. curb, GVWR, payload
b) analyze Tri vs Dual weights and distributions (purple header) ie. motors, e-lock, etc

I spent some cycles converting that screen capture of CT weights to a Gsheet so I could do some simple math to show the differences of
- tires: AS (all seasons) vs AT (all terrain)
- powertrains: Tri vs Dual
[Note: I did use an OCR tool but then had to do a fair number of cleanup edits. I double checked the numbers but let me know if something is amiss]
lb
Tesla Cybertruck Curb Mass | Payload | GVWR table w/diff AS-vs-AT & Tri-vs-Dual 22yGJMt

kg
Tesla Cybertruck Curb Mass | Payload | GVWR table w/diff AS-vs-AT & Tri-vs-Dual 6EYUG6M

Tesla Cybertruck Curb Mass | Payload | GVWR table w/diff AS-vs-AT & Tri-vs-Dual 1705683583176-
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I think the below highlights indicate that the Tri-beast extra motor+gearbox is ~180.5 lbs [AVG(K4,L4)] ...
but why would the front axle be ~48.5 lbs [AVG(K3,L3)] heavier (see cells right above the purple rectangles)?

Tesla Cybertruck Curb Mass | Payload | GVWR table w/diff AS-vs-AT & Tri-vs-Dual IJPJ3gJ

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It looks like Tesla might have accidently swapped the Front Axle Curb Mass of the Dual Motor and the Tri Motor. I say that because permanent magnet motors are generally lighter than AC induction motors.

You will also notice the GVWR for the front axles is higher on the Dual Motor vs. the Tri Motor. I think this is correct but it also kind of re-enforces that the Curb Mass figures for the front axles were accidently swapped.
Sponsored