Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
There seems to be so much space available in the dash/center console areas of the CT that I'm guessing it would be possible and probably cool to build out one's own custom dash or console. Looking through YouTube I only see videos of people trying to make their old ICE vehicle dash look like a Tesla or a few Tesla dash parts getting removed and custom wrapped with things like carbon fiber...

Personally, I'd like to be able to create multiple storage vaults. Some of them lockable and pretty secure. Has anyone seen cases of people doing any real upgrades to their Tesla interiors? With the CT interior being pretty clean it seems like it would be ripe for modifications.

Note that I'm assuming that if one is going to mod the dash that they will also have the capability to replace the front center seat for a custom console if they like.
Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
There seems to be so much space available in the dash/center console areas of the CT that I'm guessing it would be possible and probably cool to build out one's own custom dash or console. Looking through YouTube I only see videos of people trying to make their old ICE vehicle dash look like a Tesla or a few Tesla dash parts getting removed and custom wrapped with things like carbon fiber...

Personally, I'd like to be able to create multiple storage vaults. Some of them lockable and pretty secure. Has anyone seen cases of people doing any real upgrades to their Tesla interiors? With the CT interior being pretty clean it seems like it would be ripe for modifications.

Note that I'm assuming that if one is going to mod the dash that they will also have the capability to replace the front center seat for a custom console if they like.
Since it’ll be autonomous, some CEO’s and others may secure a little machine to roll a Big Fat One and also a holder for a nice glass of Bourbon or two to this vast flat dash???

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag

Considering that the first row has 3 seats, there isn't much space for a centet console. Although it's very likely that Tesla will offer 2 seat version in the front with a proper center console, cupholders, 2 wireless charging pads etc.
As for the dash it seems that it will easily be wrappable in whatever material/color you wish. If Joe Exotic ever gets out of jail and buys a CT, he for sure will wrap it in fur...

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Highlander 2022 Model Y LR
Country flag

I would also like a lockable glove box and perhaps a 'tray' or shelf below the dash and while we are at it.....cup holders in the doors...as folks use cup holders for so much more today.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
It has been asked before but I think a HUD really makes sense, plus some of the usual
conveniences of other trucks, like ample storage for towing ball hitch with pins, pin locks to secure trailer from theft. gloves, chains. a few tools. A good size glove box would be appreciated, a spot for extra glasses. That's what I carry now inside the cab of my truck not in the bed.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, I would appreciate more, hidden storage, maybe a small vault to store a sentry cam SSD?

I think the chain, towing hitch, gloves, etc. might be better stowed in the lower rear vault storage... not sure I was really heavy stuff in the center console. A place for glasses, for sure.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
With so much room on the outside of the truck (frunk, bed, hidden vault, and 2 storage boxes on the side wings), there's typically no need for heavy equipment to go inside the cabin as regular storage anymore. Thank goodness!

I love having a clean dash on my M3, so I'm stoked to see that on the CT as well. The idea of a locked hidden USB slot is great, hopefully they make it USB-C or at least USB 3.0 this time around! Plus you have to remember that various AC components will go into the dash and it'll likely have a mono vent spanning the entire dash length like the 3/Y. This means less ability to modify the area (less empty space).

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
It would be pretty easy to cover that surface in something if it stays shaped like that, hard part would be not blocking the passenger side airbag. But you could vinyl wrap it any way you want!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

What would be perfect?

Besides the requisite glove compartment, holder for 2 drink cups and USB plug-ins Tesla needs factory designated tissue holder, trash and a Cyber rechargeable LED penlight. Cyber points for a secret stash.

Of all the vehicles that I have owned, the single most used factory feature, that I appreciate the most? That would be the Tahoe push down coin holder to plug coins into parking meters.. It would be killer to see a bill holder for tips/bribes/donations handy as well.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
Buttons! A row of bespoke wireless buttons, crafted of high grade materials. Programmable for common functions otherwise controlled via touchscreen.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I never used the coin holders and thought they were wasted space.

Besides, all the places I have to use meters take card.
Good point. Thought it such a child-like idea.

’97 Tahoe has an abundance of storage and the coin holder is unnoticeable. Years owning I later found it. Stuffed spare change floating around and it ended that predicament.

Meter.apps are winning over cities. I lost a case that showed I had used an .app to pay a meter in Calif. Apps have no standing in court.
Tesla Cybertruck Custom Dash or Console anyone? 107F26BE-604D-477E-8DC1-75E6D091679C

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I won a case showing I used an app. You just have to be insistent and make sure you submit your evidence ahead of time.

I am not very happy how they're using a third-party 'arbitration' to decide parking fines... it has resulted in really stupid features.

-Crissa
Sponsored