Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

• Total voters

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I've got friends and family members with Teslas and Leafs. Everybody wants me to try their vehicles but the truth is that I've been hooked since I first saw the Model S years ago. I've never owned anything but PickUp Trucks. I have no use for cars. I'm excited to see how this CyberTruck fits into my construction business and hopeful that it is all it's hyped up to be. I've ordered a TriMotor for myself and if all goes well I will fleet up with dual motors. Would like to see a contractor model that addresses Contractor needs.
Also with a front plow hitch that can be fitted for snow removal!
Sponsored

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
My Ford died! :)
So I went and got a EV lease. First EV.
Kia Niro. Hopefully CT will come just as lease ends at end of '24.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Crazy to me on the poll results so far...so many EV virgins, which is nice to see. (y)

Been in the Tesla club since mid-2018 with two different Model 3's now and I could never imagine going back to any kind of ICE vehicle.

I came into my first Tesla from a 2015 Chrysler 300S Hemi, and before that a couple Infiniti G37X sedans, but my first vehicle ever was a 1996 Jeep Cherokee and been waiting for the right vehicle that's the best of both worlds... car like sportiness and truck/SUV badass, that's the Cybertruck! :love:

Basically, most types of vehicles haven't had EVs yet. Trucks are one of those!

-Crissa

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
Prior to 2023: I would have said yes, the Cybertruck would be the first EV in the family fleet. We did look at the iX mid of last year (god that is one piece of art). Dad did ordered a M3LR before the whole worldly-crap show back in 2020, but canceled it.

January 2023: MY-LR is our first EV now. Still hasn't been built yet, but should be taking delivery sometime later next month (March).

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

What are the EV specific features that most excite you?

What are the Tesla specific features that most excite you?
First Tesla. Driving a Second Gen. Volt, which I really like. Tesla specific features: SS body, H.D. air suspension, three motor all wheel drive, damage resistant glass, FSD, and Tesla insurance. EV specific: 500 mile range.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First Tesla. Driving a Second Gen. Volt, which I really like. Tesla specific features: SS body, H.D. air suspension, three motor all wheel drive, damage resistant glass, FSD, and Tesla insurance. EV specific: 500 mile range.
Rust free gigacastings

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This will be my first Tesla and first EV. I know a few people who have them and they love them. I’m going to need a new vehicle and we like having a pickup even though we have 3 kids. It’s a must to have the 4 doors.

I’m most excited to not have to worry about oil consumption issues (ahem GM). I’m just hopingproduction starts on time or sooner. My current truck is 2010 but only 105,000 for miles.
Depends when you ordered you CT. If in 2019, no problem. If you ordered it only recently, take good care of your present truck

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
I don't have a Tesla yet but my Cybertruck number is still probably 2 years away and it's possible I will want an electric car between now and then. It's possible I will buy an M3 and then not buy the Cybertruck. It's possible I will buy both. It's possible I would buy a cheaper Tesla if it became available. I'm not 100% sure I'm buying a Cybertruck. I am definitely price sensitive and the price is not available yet.

But obviously I am pretty serious about the Cybertruck, I don't put $100 deposits down on things I'm not interested in.

So my answer is "I don't know, mind is open."

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
the model Y LD I picked up last thursday is my first tesla and i am loving it.
Sponsored