Cyber Cabin Fever; bi directional charging!

OP
OP
GNRgRocks!

GNRgRocks!

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This is great ?. Thanks. So same numbers. ... if a little bigger say 150 kWh. ... I’m considering 75% avail accounting for return trip ( 112k). At max load...(1.8x your numbers above) less than 18 hours. At 1.0 kWh avg you will get 112hrs? 4.66 days ? ? wonder what Starlink draw is?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I do like the idea of a floating solar dock but why additional expense for solar as I’m considering Cybertruck battery use... thanks.
Well, what would you be paying for electricity that you filled the Cybertruck with? That's the expense you're competing with.

So conceivably how many days can a Cybertruck power a cabin? Assuming I have 165kWh avail, can I anticipate 5 days ⚡?
Basically. You'd be paying whatever rate that you were charging the truck at. And you'd not have the amount that took you to drive there and back from the last charger. And out the time.

On the bright side, cabins tend to use far less power than the national average. You're somewhere you don't need much heating or cooling, you're not using big TVs or computers or have multiple running appliances and tend to be operating when you don't need alot of extra artificial light.

-Crissa

PS, Starlink has a consumption of about 100W, I'm not sure what that'll be over time. There's been a few tests, but it'll vary wildly based upon how often it needs to track stars, how much bandwidth you're using, etc.