Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

Sujh99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla just lowered the price on the Model Y $3,750 so long as you take delivery before year end. Prices of most raw materials are down to 2021 levels.

The idea that the outsized inflation over the past year are permanent is not holding up.
The discount is for both M3 and MY for the US market and December delivery only.
Sponsored

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
half the people in here wanting the truck aren’t wanting it for truck purposes. A whole bunch of people buying the cars I mentioned dont do it because they really want or need those models. They want space and performance out of a techy EV. The CT destroys both on a value basis, is 5x more practical and 10x more durable. On top of that it has a feature set none of them can touch.
Tesla Cybertruck Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch? 1669940271329

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
people that want trucks get trucks. people that want cars don't get trucks.
not to sound argumentative as I post out of pure enthusiasm.I just tend to look for the opposition side. Debating is also fun at least to me.
A whole bunch of people (not me) drive trucks because they have space and offer occasional benefits of “truck stuff” ie moving or hitting home depot. WAY more people in my perspective would drive trucks if they didnt have to spend a small fortune in gas, upkeep and cosmetic upkeep. Now ad in the fact that the CT is likely to be the safest vehicle ever made and all but elimiate threats from theft of belongings and perhaps even car jacking.
Now lets say you can afford a Y but get all the benefits of the fastest Y, no longer have to have a terrible riding suspension, easier ingress. 50% more interior volume etc out of a same cost CT, anyone that doesn’t have to squeeze into economy car parking would really have to explain to me the logic in buying a Y because it seems like a relative joke of a vehicle in comparison.
Again these are just my thoughts as someone who drives a truck, had a model Y (terrible experience) and uses Ford Lightnings as part of my commercial fleet.

I am buying a quad motor CT because I need a truck for work and play. it will be faster than any other care I could ever squeeze my large frame into (thus eliminating any appeal of a second “fast vehicle” like my old Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, will never need a paint job or a $5k+ PPF job to “protect”, easy to load with a very high payload and will last as long as I care to drive. I absolutely love our lightnings but they are just missing a few key features that to me, put the CT over the top. My girlfriend will soon be taking delivery of her R1S and I think/hope those will be the last vehicle purchases we ever need to make. I do have and will likely forever keep my diesel jeep gladiator on 40s because its simply unstoppable offroad, can take me places electricity might not ever exist, its a super cool convertible and I have a lot of sweat equity in modifying it (aka beer hangouts with friends)
🍻

Last edited:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You’re right. I would argue most people don’t get a truck because it either doesn’t have the seating or it’s got a lower mpg than they want for a daily driver. The CT will be very attractive with 6 seats, very high mpge and crazy cool storage options. I think I will be seeing moms drop their kids off at school in the CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My thoughts are.. There are likely a lot of multiple reservations (hell, I thought about making more than 1) since it was only $100. I would think that after configuring and committing to a purchase we would could expect to show we were serious about buying. I’m not saying skipping line, however, you should lose your spot if you are not willing to make a commitment to take delivery. (In order of you RN# of course)
They already do cancel orders if you delay too much.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You’re right. I would argue most people don’t get a truck because it either doesn’t have the seating or it’s got a lower mpg than they want for a daily driver. The CT will be very attractive with 6 seats, very high mpge and crazy cool storage options. I think I will be seeing moms drop their kids off at school in the CT.
that's a big part of the ICE truck market now.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag

cyberstalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Quad on order, '01 Jeep Cherokee XJ, '57 Chevy
Occupation
Salesy McSalesface
Country flag
I'll stick by my assertion of $100k+ for the quad. Optimistically, I'm still 18 months from delivery and 6-figure trucks are, sadly, becoming more commonplace.

Jbutorovich

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S, CyberTruck on Order
Occupation
Battalion Chief LACoFD
Country flag
Anyone have an educated guess on what the final sticker price will be. I’m guessing well over 100k. If that’s the case I’m there will be a ton of cancellations. Thoughts

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Does anyone else suspect a “second round” of deposits to weed out all the BS $100 reservations? It seems logical that a deposit of $1000 or more after configuration makes sense. I’m sure this has been discussed.
Personally, I hope they do this cause a lotta dorks can't afford their 50 cybertruck reservations at that point. Few of them probably have another 45k chillin. Largely irrelevant figure($1,000) in the grand scheme of a potentially 60k plus truck.

"make it $1000 by ____, or get canceled"

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
half the people in here wanting the truck aren’t wanting it for truck purposes.
100000000%. My brother. Goodness. I don't know if he's ever DRIVEN a truck EVER. Certainly has zero, I mean ZERO need for a truck.

But dudes got a reservation.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Anyone have an educated guess on what the final sticker price will be. I’m guessing well over 100k. If that’s the case I’m there will be a ton of cancellations. Thoughts
if say your guess is wrong as Tesla can't disrupt the truck market at that price.
Sponsored