Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
Cyber Trucks should have wifi hotspot as standard equipment. If not it would be an almost Cyber Truck. Tesla doesnt currently provide this as even an option, maybe Elon will have starlink installed in each, really driving The Cuber Truck brand Home?
Sponsored

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Cyber Trucks should have wifi hotspot as standard equipment. If not it would be an almost Cyber Truck. Tesla doesnt currently provide this as even an option, maybe Elon will have starlink installed in each, really driving The Cuber Truck brand Home?
Starlink won't be on any of Tesla's passenger vehicles. Elon was asked about putting them on the cars and he said no but maybe on the Semi. It could've changed since this was before the unveiling if I recall.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Starlink is best far from anything else.

It'll be priced based upon the density of customers in the horizon arc, so it would do most people no good from their cars most of the time.

-Crissa

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
To have the car serve as a hotspot would require Tesla to have a tethering agreement with each of the many cell phone providers the car can connect to. Obviously this means a greater data load and the cost of the current service would go up. Would you be willing to pay more for it.

In fact, of course, the more likely situation is where you are someplace that ATT isn't available and you have to tether the car to your smart phone.

OP
OP

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
To have the car serve as a hotspot would require Tesla to have a tethering agreement with each of the many cell phone providers the car can connect to. Obviously this means a greater data load and the cost of the current service would go up. Would you be willing to pay more for it.

In fact, of course, the more likely situation is where you are someplace that ATT isn't available and you have to tether the car to your smart phone.

OP
OP

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
AJ, you are correct, I currently have an unlimited plan in my ice truck, it works great for $150.0 USD per year. My cell phone doesnt connect half as well, I live in pickup country. I just hate to think my Cyber truck would be less cyber than my 2015 beat up ice unit. Thanks for the reply, be well.

OP
OP

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
Starlink won't be on any of Tesla's passenger vehicles. Elon was asked about putting them on the cars and he said no but maybe on the Semi. It could've changed since this was before the unveiling if I recall.
I currently have an unlimited plan in my ice truck, it works great for $150.0 USD per year. My cell phone doesnt connect half as well, I live in pickup country. I just hate to think my Cyber truck would be less cyber than my 2015 beat up ice unit. Thanks for the eye opener Hunter, be well.

OP
OP

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag

It'll be priced based upon the density of customers in the horizon arc, so it would do most people no good from their cars most of the time.

-Crissa
Crissa, thanks. I hope to get starlink. For the house, I'm a rancher/farmer. I currently have an unlimited plan in my ice truck, it works great for $150.0 USD per year. My cell phone doesnt connect half as well, I live in pickup country. I just hate to think my Cyber truck would be less cyber than my 2015 beat up ice unit. Elon can beat ice I just know it. Thanks friend, be well

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

-Crissa
Right but it would awesome for CT camping. Or even CT nomadic living. :)

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
I think starlink requires a dish which would be why musk said no to cars but yes to semi. There is no where to hide it on a car or CT

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Semi drivers are used to paying for a service to connect and keep track of their truck (almost all companies require it now here in the US)...
Also, most put the antenna behind the cab or under the air deflector on top of the cab. Plenty of room.

Lascavarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I currently have an unlimited plan in my ice truck, it works great for $150.0 USD per year. My cell phone doesnt connect half as well, I live in pickup country. I just hate to think my Cyber truck would be less cyber than my 2015 beat up ice unit. Thanks for the eye opener Hunter, be well.
Yep, my 2013 Ford C-Max Energi had a built-in hotspot that could be set up via a cell phone. It did not make a lot of sense and I never bothered to set it up but it had the capability.

My Model 3 browser is more functional by far but a hotspot might be useful in some cases.

I would like to be able to have an assistant sort of like ”Jarvis” that could be accessible via the CT. Using a second FSD computer where the Neural net is optimized for that task would be very interesting particularly if it could dock into the house somehow when not on the road.
Sponsored