UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast, 2023 MYP, 2007 S2000, 1998 NSX
Country flag
This was EPIC! It was WILD! It was AWESOME!

"Man, there's a lot more power in this car [CyberBEAST], than the Dual Motor, you can feel it in the rear." - Craig Coker from Unplugged Performance!

Sponsored

Last edited:

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag

"Man, there's a lot more power in this car [CyberBEAST], than the Dual Motor, you can feel it in the rear." - Craig Coker from Unplugged Performance!

Damn… you are really making me Jones for my CB. Now I’m gonna be checking my app 28 times a day instead of 10.

djobleezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag

Craig is an awesome driver!

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
Poor brakes.

Interesting POV and interview. Thank you for being on the track!
During the delivery event months ago, one of the media partners did a brake test during their drag racing shenanigans. It immediately revealed the brakes were stressed trying to slow down the cyberbeast from Max speed.

Outside the CB having acceleration far beyond what feels safe to some drivers. The other aspect is that it's just not that usable on regular road conditions outside of pure straights. The brakes further emphasize this.

The good news is that the CT as a whole does appear to grip pretty good, likely because of it's weight distribution, but could be better because of its tires.

The AWD continues to look like the primary design focus for the CT, and ikely always was from the beginning when they announced it in 2019. At some point EM mentioned a quad motor, which if it existed would surely be even more overengineered than the Tri beast already looks.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
During the delivery event months ago, one of the media partners did a brake test during their drag racing shenanigans. It immediately revealed the brakes were stressed trying to slow down the cyberbeast from Max speed.

Outside the CB having acceleration far beyond what feels safe to some drivers. The other aspect is that it's just not that usable on regular road conditions outside of pure straights. The brakes further emphasize this.

The good news is that the CT as a whole does appear to grip pretty good, likely because of it's weight distribution, but could be better because of its tires.

The AWD continues to look like the primary design focus for the CT, and ikely always was from the beginning when they announced it in 2019. At some point EM mentioned a quad motor, which if it existed would surely be even more overengineered than the Tri beast already looks.
Wasn't that Carwow videos. Well yeah the CyberBeast did get beaten by the heavier Hummer EV in a brake test and got beaten significantly by the Lambo Urus in a brake test. Maybe it does have braking issues, or maybe its just the damn mud tires that it comes with that is the issue.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I would love to see an acceleration from 0 - top speed test tbh.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Wasn't that Carwow videos. Well yeah the CyberBeast did get beaten by the heavier Hummer EV in a brake test and got beaten significantly by the Lambo Urus in a brake test. Maybe it does have braking issues, or maybe its just the damn mud tires that it comes with that is the issue.
It's the tires. They are not mud tires, they're All-Terrain tires. Emergency braking tests are mostly about the tires and, to a lesser degree, chassis dynamics. Also the details of the tune of the ABS. What it's not about is the size or power of the brakes. All modern cars have brakes that can easily bring the tires to the limits of traction from top speed down to zero mph.

You can't stop faster than your tires allow.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It's the tires. They are not mud tires, they're All-Terrain tires. Emergency braking tests are mostly about the tires and, to a lesser degree, chassis dynamics. Also the details of the tune of the ABS. What it's not about is the size or power of the brakes. All modern cars have brakes that can easily bring the tires to the limits of traction from top speed down to zero mph.

yeah and I wish they had performance tires option for cyberbeast instead.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag

Did you see the brakes were overheated? So you are saying the brakes overheat because of the tires? Put on different tires and the brakes will be a cool as a cucumber? I don't think so.

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
Yes I think carwow might have been it. I assume it's actually just brakes struggling to stop these super heavy vehicles. But tires likely would help too.
Sponsored