KOL2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S plaid, Model y, Cyberbeast
Country flag
Took delivery on Tuesday this week of a Cyberbeast at the Miramar service center in San Diego. Ordered roughly 30 seconds after Elon said "and you can order it now" while I was at the reveal event Nov. 21, 2019 (see attached photo). Finalized order on 12/9/23.

I have owned teslas since early 2013, one of the first model S delivered in San Diego. Nowadays there are more Teslas around here than Toyota corollas. Delivery was great, the folks were super nice and the usual red bow on the window and red carpet. Fit and finish are nearly perfect with the exception of the front right and left not being perfectly aligned leading to a big difference in the gap of right and left front sides (see photos). I have filed a service request for that.

My daily driver is a MS plaid and I own or have owned Model X (2), Model Y (2), and original MS (P85+). I'm used to the early adopter issues and am bracing for the many issues that one encounters with driving a prototype. So far, last few hundred miles my impressions are as follows:

• Drives more like a car than a truck, as I also own an F-150 I am qualified to say that. The steer by wire takes a few minutes to get used to but once you re-wire your brain it's very intuitive and awesome. No doubt this will be standard for all Teslas in a few years.

• Love the plaid/beast drivetrain. Is it worth the extra for the difference in 4.2 to 2.6 acceleration? Probably is because if you wanted to take a stock car that ran 4.2 and make it 2.6 it would cost a lot more than that. Also, the Alcantara trim that comes with the beast is nice.

• Handling is really awesome and the customizability of the ride/handling is superbly executed

• if you are shy and dont like attention wait a couple of years before you get it. I predict that they will not be demand-constrained on these things for a decade and will sell as many as they can possibly make.

• Visibility. I have not had the A-pillar issues that some of the YouTube videos claim. Visibility is great and I am used to the rear-view mirror view on the screen. I agree with others that it is stupid that they didn't put the rear view in the actual rear view mirror, even much cheaper cars have that. I do find myself being content driving slower than with the MS plaid.

• Something I haven't heard people mention is peace of mind when you park somewhere. With all my other Teslas I have been obsessive about parking away from others to avoid being hit by doors and shopping carts. Now I park wherever I want and feel sorry for anyone that hits the car with their door- only they will have damage. The kids love kicking the truck as hard as they can. There is no other vehicle currently for sale that you can do this unless you drive an M1 Abrahms tank. Also love not worrying about curb rash anymore. I dont plan on wrapping because I like the stainless steel look .

• Charging: Expect roughly double the time for charging everywhere. Because the battery is essentially twice the size of a MY/M3, 110 outlet is 2 mi/hr, J1772 chargepoint is about 13 mi/hr, and supercharging is roughly double the time you will experience with any other Tesla. Not a complaint, just be aware.

• The audio system as others mentioned is sublime. The sounds of the motors are super cool and space age.

• This could easily be someone's daily driver, just like an F150 is for many folks.

If you all have any questions fire away.

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Now I park wherever I want and feel sorry for anyone that hits the car with their door- only they will have damage. The kids love kicking the truck as hard as they can.
I promise you a sufficiently negligent person can cause permanent marks on the stainless with their door.

Also, which kids kick the truck? random kids passing by? or your kids that you've challenged to do so?

OP
OP

KOL2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I promise you a sufficiently negligent person can cause permanent marks on the stainless with their door.

Also, which kids kick the truck? random kids passing by? or your kids that you've challenged to do so?
my kids that I challenged to do so. With regards to the permanent marks even a sledgehammer doesnt leave a mark so I imagine someone's door would be totally bent if they tried to do that.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
my kids that I challenged to do so. With regards to the permanent marks even a sledgehammer doesnt leave a mark so I imagine someone's door would be totally bent if they tried to do that.
their door would receive more damage for sure, but it's still painted steel (usually). steel can still scratch stainless and cause dents if there's enough force behind it. The material of the cybertruck is very good, but it's not magic. rubber covered deadblow sledge is not the same kind of thing as a painted steel car door.

cybrtrk88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
Congrats! I just got my VIN for an AWD, our other car is a Plaid S. We currently only have one car currently plus another 20k upcharge is hard to swallow with the amount we paid for the 21 Model S. Hope the AWD will do good for us!

OP
OP

KOL2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! I just got my VIN for an AWD, our other car is a Plaid S. We currently only have one car currently plus another 20k upcharge is hard to swallow with the amount we paid for the 21 Model S. Hope the AWD will do good for us!
You will love it. I think the beast is cool but I'd be equally happy with an AWD. and you'll have more range.

Steviestayrich

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the perspective. Can't wait to get mine.

Platinumsmith

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Took delivery on Tuesday this week of a Cyberbeast at the Miramar service center in San Diego. Ordered roughly 30 seconds after Elon said "and you can order it now" while I was at the reveal event Nov. 21, 2019 (see attached photo). Finalized order on 12/9/23.

I have owned teslas since early 2013, one of the first model S delivered in San Diego. Nowadays there are more Teslas around here than Toyota corollas. Delivery was great, the folks were super nice and the usual red bow on the window and red carpet. Fit and finish are nearly perfect with the exception of the front right and left not being perfectly aligned leading to a big difference in the gap of right and left front sides (see photos). I have filed a service request for that.

My daily driver is a MS plaid and I own or have owned Model X (2), Model Y (2), and original MS (P85+). I'm used to the early adopter issues and am bracing for the many issues that one encounters with driving a prototype. So far, last few hundred miles my impressions are as follows:

• Drives more like a car than a truck, as I also own an F-150 I am qualified to say that. The steer by wire takes a few minutes to get used to but once you re-wire your brain it's very intuitive and awesome. No doubt this will be standard for all Teslas in a few years.

• Love the plaid/beast drivetrain. Is it worth the extra for the difference in 4.2 to 2.6 acceleration? Probably is because if you wanted to take a stock car that ran 4.2 and make it 2.6 it would cost a lot more than that. Also, the Alcantara trim that comes with the beast is nice.

• Handling is really awesome and the customizability of the ride/handling is superbly executed

• if you are shy and dont like attention wait a couple of years before you get it. I predict that they will not be demand-constrained on these things for a decade and will sell as many as they can possibly make.

• Visibility. I have not had the A-pillar issues that some of the YouTube videos claim. Visibility is great and I am used to the rear-view mirror view on the screen. I agree with others that it is stupid that they didn't put the rear view in the actual rear view mirror, even much cheaper cars have that. I do find myself being content driving slower than with the MS plaid.

• Something I haven't heard people mention is peace of mind when you park somewhere. With all my other Teslas I have been obsessive about parking away from others to avoid being hit by doors and shopping carts. Now I park wherever I want and feel sorry for anyone that hits the car with their door- only they will have damage. The kids love kicking the truck as hard as they can. There is no other vehicle currently for sale that you can do this unless you drive an M1 Abrahms tank. Also love not worrying about curb rash anymore. I dont plan on wrapping because I like the stainless steel look .

• Charging: Expect roughly double the time for charging everywhere. Because the battery is essentially twice the size of a MY/M3, 110 outlet is 2 mi/hr, J1772 chargepoint is about 13 mi/hr, and supercharging is roughly double the time you will experience with any other Tesla. Not a complaint, just be aware.

• The audio system as others mentioned is sublime. The sounds of the motors are super cool and space age.

• This could easily be someone's daily driver, just like an F150 is for many folks.

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
Love it. Thank you.

Teslajake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s plaid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
Congrats!! Waiting on my beast delivery! I cannot wait! Did you apply for long term Tesla early delivery program?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
I love it! Thank you for this awesome summary review of the Cyberbeast. I'm in Texas; still waiting for my VIN for the Cyberbeast and config for my Cybertruck DM. Any idea about a shade for the giant windshield? I plan on ceramic tint it but still want a light blocking shade. Thanks again for sharing your initial impressions 🤓
Sponsored