Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took delivery on Tuesday this week of a Cyberbeast at the Miramar service center in San Diego. Ordered roughly 30 seconds after Elon said "and you can order it now" while I was at the reveal event Nov. 21, 2019 (see attached photo). Finalized order on 12/9/23.

I have owned teslas since early 2013, one of the first model S delivered in San Diego. Nowadays there are more Teslas around here than Toyota corollas. Delivery was great, the folks were super nice and the usual red bow on the window and red carpet. Fit and finish are nearly perfect with the exception of the front right and left not being perfectly aligned leading to a big difference in the gap of right and left front sides (see photos). I have filed a service request for that.

My daily driver is a MS plaid and I own or have owned Model X (2), Model Y (2), and original MS (P85+). I'm used to the early adopter issues and am bracing for the many issues that one encounters with driving a prototype. So far, last few hundred miles my impressions are as follows:

• Drives more like a car than a truck, as I also own an F-150 I am qualified to say that. The steer by wire takes a few minutes to get used to but once you re-wire your brain it's very intuitive and awesome. No doubt this will be standard for all Teslas in a few years.

• Love the plaid/beast drivetrain. Is it worth the extra for the difference in 4.2 to 2.6 acceleration? Probably is because if you wanted to take a stock car that ran 4.2 and make it 2.6 it would cost a lot more than that. Also, the Alcantara trim that comes with the beast is nice.

• Handling is really awesome and the customizability of the ride/handling is superbly executed

• if you are shy and dont like attention wait a couple of years before you get it. I predict that they will not be demand-constrained on these things for a decade and will sell as many as they can possibly make.

• Visibility. I have not had the A-pillar issues that some of the YouTube videos claim. Visibility is great and I am used to the rear-view mirror view on the screen. I agree with others that it is stupid that they didn't put the rear view in the actual rear view mirror, even much cheaper cars have that. I do find myself being content driving slower than with the MS plaid.

• Something I haven't heard people mention is peace of mind when you park somewhere. With all my other Teslas I have been obsessive about parking away from others to avoid being hit by doors and shopping carts. Now I park wherever I want and feel sorry for anyone that hits the car with their door- only they will have damage. The kids love kicking the truck as hard as they can. There is no other vehicle currently for sale that you can do this unless you drive an M1 Abrahms tank. Also love not worrying about curb rash anymore. I dont plan on wrapping because I like the stainless steel look .

• Charging: Expect roughly double the time for charging everywhere. Because the battery is essentially twice the size of a MY/M3, 110 outlet is 2 mi/hr, J1772 chargepoint is about 13 mi/hr, and supercharging is roughly double the time you will experience with any other Tesla. Not a complaint, just be aware.

• The audio system as others mentioned is sublime. The sounds of the motors are super cool and space age.

• This could easily be someone's daily driver, just like an F150 is for many folks.

If you all have any questions fire away.

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
Interesting photo, my AWD has the same issue, my wife said while we're taking delivery she looked at the other 3 trucks being delivered and they all had this issue. I also agree with all your bullet points, loving our new truck. One thing, with our legacy 2013 MS85 we are seeing an amazing increase in charge rates ( we used to start of at 90KW and have it immediately drop to60and then less) so far is huge improvement for us. Keep on Truck'n

IMG_8675.jpeg
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
believe me, you aren't explaining anything about metallurgy to me that I don't already know. I'm not saying the truck isn't stronger than normal cars. But I can 100% ding hardened stainless with regular steel or aluminum. there will be significantly more damage to the other car, but if the wind catches someone's door, I'm telling you that you won't get off without a scratch in every situation. So don't treat this as though a shopping cart, car door, hammer, car key, etc cannot scratch it.

This is literally my job, working with metals of all types. You would be shocked at what can damage what under the right conditions. it doesn't take a crazy amount of effort either. This is why I'm in business at all, because normal manufacturers absolutely will not keep parts separated from each other during the manufacturing process. They just let everything rattle around together in bins between operations, and assert that it's impossible to keep parts from touching after they come out of the machine.

I promise I'm not sitting here trying to fear monger, I'm just saying don't act like the truck is invulnerable. Just treat it like a normal car, and you'll have less problems than a normal car. Treat it like it can't be damaged by anything, and you'll be disappointed.
Good point about a strong gust of wind catching someone's door. That's about the only way I think a negligent person could cause permanent damage to your door. And it would have to be a real whopper of a wind. Any other damage from a car parked next to you would probably be considered vandalism, not negligence.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Took delivery on Tuesday this week of a Cyberbeast at the Miramar service center in San Diego. Ordered roughly 30 seconds after Elon said "and you can order it now" while I was at the reveal event Nov. 21, 2019 (see attached photo). Finalized order on 12/9/23.

I have owned teslas since early 2013, one of the first model S delivered in San Diego. Nowadays there are more Teslas around here than Toyota corollas. Delivery was great, the folks were super nice and the usual red bow on the window and red carpet. Fit and finish are nearly perfect with the exception of the front right and left not being perfectly aligned leading to a big difference in the gap of right and left front sides (see photos). I have filed a service request for that.

My daily driver is a MS plaid and I own or have owned Model X (2), Model Y (2), and original MS (P85+). I'm used to the early adopter issues and am bracing for the many issues that one encounters with driving a prototype. So far, last few hundred miles my impressions are as follows:

• Drives more like a car than a truck, as I also own an F-150 I am qualified to say that. The steer by wire takes a few minutes to get used to but once you re-wire your brain it's very intuitive and awesome. No doubt this will be standard for all Teslas in a few years.

• Love the plaid/beast drivetrain. Is it worth the extra for the difference in 4.2 to 2.6 acceleration? Probably is because if you wanted to take a stock car that ran 4.2 and make it 2.6 it would cost a lot more than that. Also, the Alcantara trim that comes with the beast is nice.

• Handling is really awesome and the customizability of the ride/handling is superbly executed

• if you are shy and dont like attention wait a couple of years before you get it. I predict that they will not be demand-constrained on these things for a decade and will sell as many as they can possibly make.

• Visibility. I have not had the A-pillar issues that some of the YouTube videos claim. Visibility is great and I am used to the rear-view mirror view on the screen. I agree with others that it is stupid that they didn't put the rear view in the actual rear view mirror, even much cheaper cars have that. I do find myself being content driving slower than with the MS plaid.

• Something I haven't heard people mention is peace of mind when you park somewhere. With all my other Teslas I have been obsessive about parking away from others to avoid being hit by doors and shopping carts. Now I park wherever I want and feel sorry for anyone that hits the car with their door- only they will have damage. The kids love kicking the truck as hard as they can. There is no other vehicle currently for sale that you can do this unless you drive an M1 Abrahms tank. Also love not worrying about curb rash anymore. I dont plan on wrapping because I like the stainless steel look .

• Charging: Expect roughly double the time for charging everywhere. Because the battery is essentially twice the size of a MY/M3, 110 outlet is 2 mi/hr, J1772 chargepoint is about 13 mi/hr, and supercharging is roughly double the time you will experience with any other Tesla. Not a complaint, just be aware.

• The audio system as others mentioned is sublime. The sounds of the motors are super cool and space age.

• This could easily be someone's daily driver, just like an F150 is for many folks.

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
You mentioned that the sound of the motors are cool and space age. Maybe you can make a small video of what that sounds like especially at higher speeds if you are able to. That would be great because I really like listening to the sound and it is music to my ears.

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Congrats! I just got my VIN for an AWD, our other car is a Plaid S. We currently only have one car currently plus another 20k upcharge is hard to swallow with the amount we paid for the 21 Model S. Hope the AWD will do good for us!
As someone who has the AWD Cybertruck (was impatient) and a Model S Plaid, I think you'll be ok. It's feels faster than a Performance Model Y, and it weighs a lot, so it's a lot easier to get into trouble. Can't imagine a Cyberbeast. I always remind everyone that the Plaid bends the laws of physics acceleration-wise, but not braking nor turning. It's just like a normal car. And most people aren't braking from that fast either, since it takes forever to get there normally.

Long way of saying that I'm content with my AWD, power-wise.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
Man, you make a strong case for a Beast.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I agree. I have a MSP, and now that I'm accustomed to sub-3s 0-60 times, I have a hard time imagining going back. For $20k, why not get the fast one?
Ehh, the Beast is 40k above the Dual Motor.
Maybe next time.

dempster

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, Cybertruck preoder
Country flag
Double the charging time I think is the biggest shock coming from other Teslas
I'm having a tough time understanding exactly why they charge so slow at the superchargers.. I get that it has a 123kw battery, it's larger. but the X and the S are 100kw.

I see reviews claiming the model S plaid is the "Quickest charging EV we've Tested".. so with 23 extra KW it's double the time to charge to 90? I feel like I must be missing something here.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag

IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8753.jpeg
I saw the Cybertruck in person at a Tesla service center this weekend. I was able to crawl all over it, sit in it, check out the Frunk and the Trunk, and TBH I wonder how many people will buy the Cybertruck 2 years from now when it no longer is "different - what is that" kind of vehicle.

I didn't drive it - but the A pillars did look like they could be an issue for some.

I did like the bed, the trunk, and tonneau. Did not like the frunk. It is very small.

Because this was in a Service Center, they were 5 million fingerprints all over it. I think I would have to wrap mine.

Buying new tires for the Cybertruck is going to be one expensive maintenance item. They are huge...35" I think. Costing about $800 bucks a piece.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I'm having a tough time understanding exactly why they charge so slow at the superchargers.. I get that it has a 123kw battery, it's larger. but the X and the S are 100kw.

I see reviews claiming the model S plaid is the "Quickest charging EV we've Tested".. so with 23 extra KW it's double the time to charge to 90? I feel like I must be missing something here.
Yea this for me was the biggest disappointment in the truck. The undersized battery is fine if it can charge quickly but for some reason the CT just loves the 100kwh range when supercharging which results in a super slow charge after the first few minutes at higher kwh.

If you are still on the fence about charging look at people doing road trip, if you only drive 50 miles a day charging does not matter if you leave home with 100%
If you are towing or going further than 100 miles the charging speed is a nightmare, all the Tesla guys out there are even complaining about it so you know it is bad and not background noise.

4123412543412024.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

KOL2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S plaid, Model y, Cyberbeast
Country flag
Yea this for me was the biggest disappointment in the truck. The undersized battery is fine if it can charge quickly but for some reason the CT just loves the 100kwh range when supercharging which results in a super slow charge after the first few minutes at higher kwh.
hoping an OTA software update will fix that along with enabling automatic wipers...

CT Owner Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 MS, 2020MY, 5 Cybertrucks on order!
Occupation
Forensic Alarm Investigator
Country flag
I opted for the AWD since I have a plaid. If I need speed for the day I will drive the plaid which is quicker than the cyberbeast. I don’t need so much speed in a truck. Or maybe I could have just sold the plaid since the cyberbeast is so fast but not stupid fast like the plaid. Now if I had a plaid x and not an S then the cyberbeast only would definitely be the answer. The cyberbeast will chomp away as sales of the X. The x will soon be discontinued.
I couldn’t disagree more. While waiting for my CyberBeast, I accepted the Tesla offer of transferring my forever free Supercharging from my 2012 MS60 to any new Vehicle. I chose a Model X Plaid, in the new Ultra Red color. This is my 2nd X, and is in addition to a MY, the very first red Model 3P in NJ, and a 2018 MS 75D. All told, I had FFSG on 4 of my 6 vehicles.
Also, the home charging system included with the CB, was not permitted by my HOA, so I was given one year of SC on the Beast (whenever it shows up).
Finally, I am not a celebrity or social media influencer, just a regular guy who understood and accepted the whole Tesla philosophy from almost day one. I am in NJ and ordered the night of the reveal, was invited to place my order on 12/23/23, and paid the$1K non-refundable deposit. Subsequently, I added the additional battery for extended range. Since that is not yet even designed, there is no telling when it will arrive. I also have reservations for additional Cybertrucks.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the useful review! As you say this hasn't been talked about to a great extent but it's kind of a big deal. Often there's not even safe places to park, so having a vehicle that's difficult to damage is very nice. If it does get a scratch, big deal, it's not going to rust. And it's a truck. Another concern here in Minnesota is the massive amount of salt they pour onto the roads in the winter. Most cars end of life is due to terminal rust. Ain't going to happen with the Cybertruck.

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
As someone who has the AWD Cybertruck (was impatient) and a Model S Plaid, I think you'll be ok. It's feels faster than a Performance Model Y, and it weighs a lot, so it's a lot easier to get into trouble. Can't imagine a Cyberbeast. I always remind everyone that the Plaid bends the laws of physics acceleration-wise, but not braking nor turning. It's just like a normal car. And most people aren't braking from that fast either, since it takes forever to get there normally.

Long way of saying that I'm content with my AWD, power-wise.
Man you make a strong case for the Beast!
Sponsored