Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck (tri-motor on order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
That's the point! I saw a lot of compact campers and they have had the toilet, shower, sink all in the same space. Of course, it saved the space, but for what? Anyways, they need to be upgraded by adding a decent water tank, boiler, high-pressure showerheads and so far and so on.
Hi Frank,

Just to clear up any misconceptions, CyberLandr™ uses the under-truck-bed compartment for its grey and clean water storage and while a 20 gallon tank seems small, our tests and filtration models indicate that it will seem like you have about 60 gallons of useable water. Furthermore, you are free to dump river or garden hose water into the sink and it will magically replenish the fresh supply.

While we have not published the water pressure specifications of CyberLandr™ yet, I think you will be delighted - it will feel like a normal home pressure and with the filtration and instant electrified heating element (no boiler required), you may be able to take a hot 20-minute shower with full pressure without significantly depleting your fresh water supply.
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Hello and good morning @bfrench As an early reservation holder (April 7th) for Cyberlandr, my wife and I were wondering how things are coming along? Lately, we have been hearing so much talk about travel trailers and towing, that we cannot help, but wonder, how Cyberlandr team is progressing.

Any new updates😊

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They did a youtube video a month or so ago, and there was a kitchen reveal 3 months ago. If you have seen those that is what we have been shown. I am assuming that you are subscribed to their channel but wondering just the same.

bill.french

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hello and good morning @bfrench As an early reservation holder (April 7th) for Cyberlandr, my wife and I were wondering how things are coming along? Lately, we have been hearing so much talk about travel trailers and towing, that we cannot help, but wonder, how Cyberlandr team is progressing.

Any new updates😊
WOW! April 7! You are a total visionary! Thank you so much for supporting our shared vision for disappearing accommodations in the bed of a Cybertruck.

We keep building and refactoring a number of prototypes and their components while Tesla has afforded us more time for R&D. The kitchen module and water filtration system have reached a solid readiness level resulting in a number of patents. And research continues on the best production and materials approach for the slide-out bathroom portion.

We're also closely watching the towable sector and we know this is going to be a huge RV industry disruptor - suddenly, aero matters not just a little. ;-)

I saw one test with Rivian -drive-an-hour, charge-an-hour. F-150 Lightning seems to be a little better in early towing tests, but it's still a huge challenge with charge stations that are not trailer-friendly and 90-minute travel intervals just seem awful for most RV enthusiasts who only have a weekend to enjoy their expensive trailers.

But as the EV towing articles fail to point out it's not just the aerodynamics - additional wheels pushing down on roads is part of the data envelope working against EVs and adding battery weight (like eStream) perhaps makes matters worse. I'm no engineer, but I bet a few members here can explain the energy issues when towing.

CyberLandr itself was born partly out of the aversion to towing; our 2500+ reservation holders seem to care more about travel and lifestyle agility based on minimalistic ideas. In contrast, trailers themselves impinge on the agility to some degree. If a disappearing camper is a moonshot; a disappearing trailer is certainly of the interplanetary magnitude. ;-)

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They did a youtube video a month or so ago, and there was a kitchen reveal 3 months ago. If you have seen those that is what we have been shown. I am assuming that you are subscribed to their channel but wondering just the same.
Iwe did watch that. It was pretty cool. Not to mention the strength of the walls panels😊👍

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They sell for $50,000+ that’s about 3,000 units.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No need for all the pop-up extensions or fitting it under the vault cover. Inside layout is not practical for more than 2 people, but the CT has 6 seats. Spacecamper is more viable IMHO.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think what would excite me a lot more than a sales number is an actual working prototype.

No need for all the pop-up extensions or fitting it under the vault cover. Inside layout is not practical for more than 2 people, but the CT has 6 seats. Spacecamper is more viable IMHO.
Inside layout of Cyberlandr is not practical for even 2 people IMO. A 6x5 area is way too small for 2 people to do anything. That’s without cabinets, sink, etc.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Plus it takes up your space to load stuff. So you buy a $50k camper you barely fit in, then still have to put your bikes on the back. Much better off having a pop up roof with a bed in it, that doesn't get in the way of the truck bed area. I really hope the CT seats are configurable and removable so the cabin can be adapted as a living or kids area.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think what would excite me a lot more than a sales number is an actual working prototype.

Inside layout of Cyberlandr is not practical for even 2 people IMO. A 6x5 area is way too small for 2 people to do anything. That’s without cabinets, sink, etc.
When they made that announcement I sent them an email saying exacty that; that after all the hype, and given that they intend to ship when CTs are being shipped, they sure as hell better have a working beta by now, and why the hell haven't they shared that with the 'investors'?

I went on to say that the SpaceCamper provided a means to store the unit when not in use that they never provided for, and that the SpaceCamper has a rack accessory and provides access to the bed, which they don't have, and that they really need to address these issues for the vast majority of potential buyers that don't expect/intend to live full time in the CyberLandr. I mean, what kind of fantasy are they living in that they believe that to be the case? I guess you see what you want to see, but that doesn't convert reservations to purchases.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When they made that announcement I sent them an email saying exacty that; that after all the hype, and given that they intend to ship when CTs are being shipped, they sure as hell better have a working beta by now, and why the hell haven't they shared that with the 'investors'?

I went on to say that the SpaceCamper provided a means to store the unit when not in use that they never provided for, and that the SpaceCamper has a rack accessory and provides access to the bed, which they don't have, and that they really need to address these issues for the vast majority of potential buyers that don't expect/intend to live full time in the CyberLandr. I mean, what kind of fantasy are they living in that they believe that to be the case? I guess you see what you want to see, but that doesn't convert reservations to purchases.
I remember a time, not too long ago where Elon was laughed at with trying to land rockets. So many people believed whole heartedly that it was just a “fantasy” and I am talking about really smart people. Yet, did he and his hard working teams at SpaceX make it a reality? Yup.
Trial and error. Almost broke Elon. But…
THEY DID IT!

When I watched it happen, it literally made this grown man tear up with complete joy, and I had no part in it. All the joy came from watching something that was said could not be done, happen. I’ll never forget the moment. Ever.
We are in a time now where it’s possible to turn our fantasies and make them become reality. 😉

It’s very possible for cyberlandr to get this right. They have some smart people working behind the scenes to help as well. Will it ever come to fruition? Who knows, but I can find lots of practical ways to use it. And one of them for sure is sporting events with the grandkids and little stops along the coast to hang out with my wife for a bit of tranquility. I would truly like to see Cyberlandr to become a reality and wish them the best of luck!
Sponsored