Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y + T@g teardrop, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Film Editor
Country flag
I'm one of the founders at CyberLandr™ and hanging around from time-to-time and happy to answer some of the questions. I'll try to get a solid FAQ on the site tomorrow and many of the questions will be addressed there.
Wonderful! My wife and I placed our order last night. I am sure we will have questions. The first one of course, when do anticipate delivery? I am sure it is tied to Cybertruck commencing delivery, but do you have a time frame in mind?
Sponsored

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The range of initial impressions to the Cyberlandr seems very similar to initial impressions of the Cybertruck itself. I ordered a Cyberlandr and registered to win one.

It will be interesting to see if the Cyberlandr design can be finalized before Tesla is producing CTs at Giga Texas. I doubt it.

I think the most compelling reason to have a Cyberlander vs a small camper (in bed or trailer) is the fact it will fit under the tonneau cover.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Not for me. I'd be fine with an air mattress in the bed of the truck. If it's possible to pipe climate control into the back that would be a bonus.
Me too.

I'd be happy if the front seat(s) could go down almost flat or have the back as one continuous section so it could fold down as a convertible bed and/or have the back 3 seater capable of folding down. All within the confines of the cabin.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Cyberlandr magical realism concept meets Cybertruck+Disneyland.

It can meet markets, expectations in small highly focused subsets. IF this startup brings three products instaed of one do-all. Defined market solutions by use case, say, by demographics or cyber adaptation. There’s value there in smaller chunks without swallowing one big enchilada pricetag.

For instance:
1) CyberOffice for DigitalNomads(*Link, worksurface, seating)
2) Tailgatr for Events providing lights, sound and suds
3) CyberKamp for cook, clean, fridge, keg and coffee machine

Once CT is real, these third party products get real.

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's basically a kickstarter with no guarantee that it'll make it to production. But still interesting to see.
As I see it, they are trying to raise around $1.2 million (or more) in pre-order deposits to fund a production facility. They state they will produce the product near Giga Texas, but do not indicate if they have secured a location.

The fact they have 5 patents either secured or in process indicates they are serious, but it is still possible the venture could fail - I hope it doesn't.

slee44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
I'd like to have only outside Cyberlandr camper, not installed anything inside, no bath, no tv, no table..., etc nothing, just empty Cyberlandr camper, so that price would be much less and I could use the empty bed space for some other purpose or even we could sleep in the bed closing the cyberlandr, but open a wall to enter the CT. If not cyberlandr hope some other after market makes just shell only and let customer takes care of it the rest.

RickDeckard

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Blade Runner
Country flag
Never going to happen. The team that put the concept and rendering together have no experience in making campers. All of that fold out stuff is not easy engineering and creates structural problems - hinging and failure points. And even in the world of tiny houses, this thing is very small. Just stand in the back of a pickup bed and try to imagine that much stuff in a 4x8 space. The tent idea that Tesla has is far, far better - and it matches the design language.

drconner65

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honda CRV EX
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Machanic
Country flag
If they do produce the Cyberlander it would be a good deal at $15,000 less then they are asking for it now. Then the wife would let me get one.

Deleted member 3316

Never going to happen. The team that put the concept and rendering together have no experience in making campers. All of that fold out stuff is not easy engineering and creates structural problems - hinging and failure points. And even in the world of tiny houses, this thing is very small. Just stand in the back of a pickup bed and try to imagine that much stuff in a 4x8 space. The tent idea that Tesla has is far, far better - and it matches the design language.
I was looking through this thread for a comment like this... the design is so ridiculously complicated that I doubt it would last a few days on a dirt road.

Something with a fold out mechanism is going to provide much more utility and reliability than the cyberlandr.
There’s a few Australian teadrop camper trailers that could be redesigned to slide into the Cybertruck bed. https://cubcampers.com.au/range/2-2m-series/brumby/
With the onboard power and air compressor I’m sure some innovative manufacturers with come up with truely functional set up mechanisms.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y x 2
Country flag
For me Cyberlandr will be the perfect compromise for my needs. I recently sold my 14 year old PleasureWay Class B motor home (Sprinter 2500) with 105,000 miles of adventure travel on the odometer. I wanted a vehicle that would be less tiring to drive, but still provide the flexibility that a small motor home offers. I ordered a Cybertruck with FSD, and was thinking about purchasing Tesla's camper add-on or maybe a teardrop trailer to avoid having to preplan stops at expensive motels, crowded RV parks, or full-up state parks. I wasn't crazy about either option, however. I can't really deploy Tesla's tent/kitchen camper in a Walmart parking lot, and a trailer of any kind would drastically reduce the driving range of Cybertruck.

When I watched Best in Tesla's video the morning of the Cyberlandr reveal, I knew this was the answer to my needs. I did some quick research on the company to see if it was legit. After calling Lance King, CEO of Stream It, and asking some questions, I decided to put a deposit down on a Cyberlandr with assurances that I could request a refund up to finalizing my order.

What I love about Cyberlandr is that it's invisible when not in use. It produces zero drag when cruising down the highway at 75+ mph. Tucked away under CT's tonneau cover, I can go anywhere with it: drive-thrus, parking garages, off-road camping, over-landing, primitive campgrounds, narrow roads and bridges, etc. I can park it in a standard 20' garage with a 7' high door. When stowed, it's protected from rain, snow, dirt, cold, heat, and thieves. And Cyberlandr can be removed when I need CT for hauling stuff. There is nothing else like it.

So what am I giving up? Living space is the obvious answer, and a chunk of cash. I'm looking at less than 40 sf of floor space at $1K per sf. That seems outrageous at first glance, but when I compare the price and features to other high end pickup campers, the price isn't out of line.

But how practical is Cyberlandr? It's not like other RVs, not even other pickup campers. It's extremely small. It's not something I could live in full time. I look at it the same way I look at a Swiss Army knife -- an all in one solution to travel camping in an a compact, efficient, and flexible package. I'm impressed with the ideas they have incorporated to make the most of limited space, and how it utilizes Cybertruck's unique features and systems (flat vault floor and tonneau cover, large Li-ion battery, two-way electrical power outlets, compressed air supply, under vault storage, possible vault climate control, and adjustable air suspension).

Then there's the things that Cyberlandr brings, like grey water recycling, removable dry toilet, variable tint windows, reconfigurable chair-bed, four season use, compact kitchen, 500+ watts of solar power generation, and 360 degree security system.

There may be more features revealed when designers receive the final specifications for Cybertruck. I envision some means to access the rear seat of the truck from inside Cyberlandr to provide storage space for the things that will be needed on a multi-week adventure trip.

When I asked whether the construction of Cyberlandr would be contracted to an experienced RV manufacturer, the answer was no. They couldn't find one that met their requirements working with the advanced technology and materials that Cyberlandr employs.

There's still a good chance that this startup offshoot of Stream It will fail. After 10 days since the reveal 200 deposits of $1000 or more were received with orders, and an unknown number of $100 deposits. It seems that there is a market for a product like this. That's encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing the first of several Cyberlandr prototypes that will be coming in the months ahead. They will prove or disprove the viability of this unusual camper concept.

Misterbee

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y + T@g teardrop, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Film Editor
Country flag
For me Cyberlandr will be the perfect compromise for my needs. I recently sold my 14 year old PleasureWay Class B motor home (Sprinter 2500) with 105,000 miles of adventure travel on the odometer. I wanted a vehicle that would be less tiring to drive, but still provide the flexibility that a small motor home offers. I ordered a Cybertruck with FSD, and was thinking about purchasing Tesla's camper add-on or maybe a teardrop trailer to avoid having to preplan stops at expensive motels, crowded RV parks, or full-up state parks. I wasn't crazy about either option, however. I can't really deploy Tesla's tent/kitchen camper in a Walmart parking lot, and a trailer of any kind would drastically reduce the driving range of Cybertruck.

When I watched Best in Tesla's video the morning of the Cyberlandr reveal, I knew this was the answer to my needs. I did some quick research on the company to see if it was legit. After calling Lance King, CEO of Stream It, and asking some questions, I decided to put a deposit down on a Cyberlandr with assurances that I could request a refund up to finalizing my order.

What I love about Cyberlandr is that it's invisible when not in use. It produces zero drag when cruising down the highway at 75+ mph. Tucked away under CT's tonneau cover, I can go anywhere with it: drive-thrus, parking garages, off-road camping, over-landing, primitive campgrounds, narrow roads and bridges, etc. I can park it in a standard 20' garage with a 7' high door. When stowed, it's protected from rain, snow, dirt, cold, heat, and thieves. And Cyberlandr can be removed when I need CT for hauling stuff. There is nothing else like it.

So what am I giving up? Living space is the obvious answer, and a chunk of cash. I'm looking at less than 40 sf of floor space at $1K per sf. That seems outrageous at first glance, but when I compare the price and features to other high end pickup campers, the price isn't out of line.

But how practical is Cyberlandr? It's not like other RVs, not even other pickup campers. It's extremely small. It's not something I could live in full time. I look at it the same way I look at a Swiss Army knife -- an all in one solution to travel camping in an a compact, efficient, and flexible package. I'm impressed with the ideas they have incorporated to make the most of limited space, and how it utilizes Cybertruck's unique features and systems (flat vault floor and tonneau cover, large Li-ion battery, two-way electrical power outlets, compressed air supply, under vault storage, possible vault climate control, and adjustable air suspension).

Then there's the things that Cyberlandr brings, like grey water recycling, removable dry toilet, variable tint windows, reconfigurable chair-bed, four season use, compact kitchen, 500+ watts of solar power generation, and 360 degree security system.

There may be more features revealed when designers receive the final specifications for Cybertruck. I envision some means to access the rear seat of the truck from inside Cyberlandr to provide storage space for the things that will be needed on a multi-week adventure trip.

When I asked whether the construction of Cyberlandr would be contracted to an experienced RV manufacturer, the answer was no. They couldn't find one that met their requirements working with the advanced technology and materials that Cyberlandr employs.

There's still a good chance that this startup offshoot of Stream It will fail. After 10 days since the reveal 200 deposits of $1000 or more were received with orders, and an unknown number of $100 deposits. It seems that there is a market for a product like this. That's encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing the first of several Cyberlandr prototypes that will be coming in the months ahead. They will prove or disprove the viability of this unusual camper concept.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I agree that the Cyberlandr is unlike any other RV solution out there, and I hope it will come to fruition. I also put down a deposit for one. The small size doesn’t bother me, as my wife and I are looking to replace our aging 1999 VW Eurovan Camper. It’s getting long in the tooth, and parts are beginning to become hard to find. Here’s hoping that Cyberlandr soon becomes a reality.

Gwgans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas
Country flag
Heard about this from Zac & Jesse. Genius solution for BEV to carry an apartment with all the personal amenities without adding range-killing drag. Sized like a weekender sailboat. If CT does gain the ability to connect cab and bed areas (is that even legal any more?) I’d like to see the Cyberlandr take advantage of the space and the HVAC.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y x 2
Country flag
Heard about this from Zac & Jesse. Genius solution for BEV to carry an apartment with all the personal amenities without adding range-killing drag. Sized like a weekender sailboat. If CT does gain the ability to connect cab and bed areas (is that even legal any more?) I’d like to see the Cyberlandr take advantage of the space and the HVAC.
Jesse was rather skeptical of Cyberlandr. Zac less so. It's understandable. Cyberlandr is an ambitious project with lots of engineering challenges for the developers to work out. The production prototype will look different than this CGI rendering in several ways, but I'm betting they can pull off the basic concept, and achieve most of their objectives. A lot depends on the design features of Cybertruck itself. Will Tesla design CT to accommodate Cyberlandr-like accessories? I'm thinking yes.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I agree that the Cyberlandr is unlike any other RV solution out there, and I hope it will come to fruition. I also put down a deposit for one. The small size doesn’t bother me, as my wife and I are looking to replace our aging 1999 VW Eurovan Camper. It’s getting long in the tooth, and parts are beginning to become hard to find. Here’s hoping that Cyberlandr soon becomes a reality.
2003 Eurovan tintop carried me several years. It was a great form factor, convertible interior to work, play and haul passengers. Best at traveling but worst sportcar. LOL

Cyberlandr brings that convertibility to CT. While CyberLandr doesn’t convert CT it does afford concealing, transforming and configuring seating, fridge, workstation, cook hob, toilet and pullout bed. That functionality travels well if its not an RV you are looking for.

FrankMCT

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberlandr
Occupation
DIY enthusiast
Country flag
That's the point! I saw a lot of compact campers and they have had the toilet, shower, sink all in the same space. Of course, it saved the space, but for what? Anyways, they need to be upgraded by adding a decent water tank, boiler, high-pressure showerheads(decent article) and so far and so on.
Sponsored

Last edited: