Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 long range FSD
Occupation
Director, Conic Shelter
Country flag
Having driven a '95 4Runner up and down the rocky canyons and alluvial planes of Death Valley and the Mojave for a decade and more I'm looking forward to crawling the desert in a three motor, long range Cybertruck... but I want this mod. The uninterrupted space extending from the driver's seat all the way to the tailgate is a pure pleasure for a bivouacing rock crawler like me. If I need to load a 20' 4x6 I'll use my flatbed trailer (thank you very much) so I don't need a pickup bed... I need what you see below. Big, badass and beautiful... this is what I want. Hoping Elon will either manufacture the "Cyberstoga" modification as an option or else sell a "stripped down" Cybertruck version without the tonneau cover (which will freeze up in wet freezing weather anyways) and remove the bulkhead separating the seats from the bed. Add a ham radio antenna and 10,000 lb. Warn winch and I'll be a happy camper.
Tesla Cybertruck CYBERTRUCK >> CYBERSTOGA Modification SUV CAMPER DELIVERY CYBERSTOGA_01
Sponsored

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Having driven a '95 4Runner up and down the rocky canyons and alluvial plans of Death Valley and the Mojave for a decade and more I'm looking forward to crawling the desert in a three motor, long range Cybertruck... but I want this mod. The uninterrupted space extending from the driver's seat all the way to the tailgate is a pure pleasure for a bivouacing rock crawler like me. If I need to load a 20' 4x6 I'll use my flatbed trailer (thank you very much) so I don't need a pickup bed... I need what you see below. Big, badass and beautiful... this is what I want. Hoping Elon will either manufacture the "Cyberstoga" as an option or else sell a "stripped down" Cybertruck version without the tonneau cover (which will freeze up in wet freezing weather anyway) and remove the bulkhead separating the seats from the bed. Add a ham radio antenna and 10,000 lb. Warn winch and I'll be a happy camper.
CYBERSTOGA_01.jpg
Happy camper. Conestoga wagon - camper. Pun.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Having driven a '95 4Runner up and down the rocky canyons and alluvial plans of Death Valley and the Mojave for a decade and more I'm looking forward to crawling the desert in a three motor, long range Cybertruck... but I want this mod. The uninterrupted space extending from the driver's seat all the way to the tailgate is a pure pleasure for a bivouacing rock crawler like me. If I need to load a 20' 4x6 I'll use my flatbed trailer (thank you very much) so I don't need a pickup bed... I need what you see below. Big, badass and beautiful... this is what I want. Hoping Elon will either manufacture the "Cyberstoga" as an option or else sell a "stripped down" Cybertruck version without the tonneau cover (which will freeze up in wet freezing weather anyway) and remove the bulkhead separating the seats from the bed. Add a ham radio antenna and 10,000 lb. Warn winch and I'll be a happy camper.
CYBERSTOGA_01.jpg
Here’s an alt design brief. There exist no more, places to stop and camp or rest. I’ve travelled across the US, down to the tropics and South America. Once you run out of spaces that still exist in the western US, once you cannot get a reservation in-advance and lastly outside the US, travel becomes problematic, putting it kindly. You need secure, unobstructed access to un-bivouac yourself without incident in all kinds of situations. And in situations that would send tenters packing, CyberSUV affords safety, security and protection from 70 mph sand storms, 12” overnight snowfall and flash flood self-evacuation. All three have sent me a-packing and more threats in a tent. A hardsided enclosure is big enough to bivouac 2-5 days and too small to consider lodging over a period of time. Its perfect to move on a dime or change places when a situation changes. Target practice shooters bounced ammo and overshot across my 2door Tahoe - clueless gunplay from a bluff in the distance. Yay, hardsides.

It addresses bivouacing rock crawler requirements in desert or tropics with a preference for hardsides over soft. It affords protention from sand, water or snow (encountered all three) that send tenters packing out like Maggies Drawers - not to mention unwanted strangers, furry or otherwise.

CyberSUV keeps platform, wheelbase and the exo-skeleton scheme. It replaces the vault with a “Greenhouse” enclosure. Add Barn doors in the place of tailgate and you have a serious bivouac rig. Its a design exercise left to Tesla’s best whether 2door or 4.

Its a legitimate reconfiguration on Cybertruck to arrive a different Cyber* that provides increased usable interior volume and hardlid enclosure. How much? It would add Aspen lites to the roofline adding 6”+ height and reflective privacy glass above the sailplanes. Ditto Barn Doors.

OP
OP
Xhualala

Xhualala

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director, Conic Shelter
Country flag
rr6013 points are well taken. The luxury of bivouacing in an air-tight HIPA filtered Cyberstoga (or other design) is what we're looking for. Quick getaways. Loads of room. Perfect for 3-4 days of adventure. Not to mention respite from the deadly smoke of a real fire emergency. I live in the redwoods and the fires last year were dreadfully smokey. In an emergency the Cyberstoga could hold upwards of 10-12 people for short-haul evacuations.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
CYBERSTOGA_01.jpg
Yes! And I am flattered!
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...truck-renderings-and-creations.146/post-10835

OP
OP
Xhualala

Xhualala

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director, Conic Shelter
Country flag
Here’s an alt design brief. There exist no more, places to stop and camp or rest. I’ve travelled across the US, down to the tropics and South America. Once you run out of spaces that still exist in the western US, once you cannot get a reservation in-advance and lastly outside the US, travel becomes problematic, putting it kindly. You need secure, unobstructed access to un-bivouac yourself without incident in all kinds of situations. And in situations that would send tenters packing, CyberSUV affords safety, security and protection from 70 mph sand storms, 12” overnight snowfall and flash flood self-evacuation. All three have sent me a-packing and more threats in a tent. A hardsided enclosure is big enough to bivouac 2-5 days and too small to consider lodging over a period of time. Its perfect to move on a dime or change places when a situation changes. Target practice shooters bounced ammo and overshot across my 2door Tahoe - clueless gunplay from a bluff in the distance. Yay, hardsides.

It addresses bivouacing rock crawler requirements in desert or tropics with a preference for hardsides over soft. It affords protention from sand, water or snow (encountered all three) that send tenters packing out like Maggies Drawers - not to mention unwanted strangers, furry or otherwise.

CyberSUV keeps platform, wheelbase and the exo-skeleton scheme. It replaces the vault with a “Greenhouse” enclosure. Add Barn doors in the place of tailgate and you have a serious bivouac rig. Its a design exercise left to Tesla’s best whether 2door or 4.

Its a legitimate reconfiguration on Cybertruck to arrive a different Cyber* that provides increased usable interior volume and hardlid enclosure. How much? It would add Aspen lites to the roofline adding 6”+ height and reflective privacy glass above the sailplanes. Ditto Barn Doors.
Haven't thought about barn doors but there are definite advantages. Would need to be hinged vertical but it's do-able. Thanks for your ramble... I feel the same about protection while sleeping. Had my tent destroyed by wind and sand in Saline Valley (at the baths). Ears, eyes, mouth, everything crammed with sand. A HIPA filter and a flat bed and two feet off the ground... yes, that's what I'm looking for.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I’m confused by the “stoga” word. What does it mean in English? Because in Norwegian it could literally mean a cabin or a living room, which is suspiciously fitting.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I’m confused by the “stoga” word. What does it mean in English? Because in Norwegian it could literally mean a cabin or a living room, which is suspiciously fitting.
It is Pennsylvania Deutsch. The Conestoga wagon was the desirable wagon for westward expansion.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It is Pennsylvania Deutsch. The Conestoga wagon was the desirable wagon for westward expansion.
Thank you! Interesting. I thought I was having a stroke.

OP
OP
Xhualala

Xhualala

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director, Conic Shelter
Country flag
Yes... suspicious.
Wiktionary says: Proto-Indo-European *stog-os (“hut, cover”)
And this from https://unchartedlancaster.com/:

Birth of the Conestoga
The French had yet another name for the Susquehannocks. They called them “Andaste” or “Gandastogues,” which means “the people of the blackened ridge pole.” This is thought to be a reference to the conflicts in which the Susquehannocks were involved. Eventually, Gandastogues became Anglicized into “Conestogas,” the name which these Native Americans were known by in Lancaster County during the 18th century.

A similar theory is that the name Conestoga came from the Iroquoian word, Kanastoge, which means “place of the upright pole.”

Yet another theory is their name came from one of their few remaining villages known as Conestoga Town or locally referred to as Conestoga Indian Town.

Tesla Cybertruck CYBERTRUCK >> CYBERSTOGA Modification SUV CAMPER DELIVERY 2018-08-13-pew-research-129-400x600-1

OP
OP
Xhualala

Xhualala

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director, Conic Shelter
Country flag
I Had heard that Conestoga was a Native American name/place (see placeard in this thread). Delighted to hear of the Norwegian "stoga."

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

CyberSUV, CyberWagon or CyberVan will sell like hotcakes. Frankly, if we don't get the full pass through, CyberSUV would be in the running for me. I would not be shocked if CyberSUV is mentioned or even revealed at the update. The reason Rivian has both R1T and R1S is that producing both on the same platform just makes sense.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I Had heard that Conestoga was a Native American name/place (see placeard in this thread). Delighted to hear of the Norwegian "stoga."
In 1800 there were just over 800 000 inhabitants in Norway. From 1825 to 1920, 800 000 emigrated to America. So, many Norwegians know family there today. Anyway, I guess it’s not entirely unlikely “stoga” could have come from one of those guys, but indeed more likely it’s from one of the other etymological possibilities listed.

I like it anyway and my CT will be my Cyberstoga.
Sponsored