CyberSUV Confirmed???

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Mazda 6, Honda Civic
Country flag
Ok... is it just me, or did IDRA’s general manager JUST CONFIRM Tesla’s plans for a CyberSUV?? 😳😳😳🤯
Advertisement

Luke42

Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Hybrid (2-Mode)
Country flag
Probably a mis-translation.

-Crissa
He's speaking English, and SUV is industry jargon.

The foreign engineers I've worked with over the years totally nail industry jargon and SAT words in English, and are more likely to struggle with slangy words. It feels odd to make myself more easily understood by using "big words" that would flummox average native speakers -- but, that's the part of the English language they study, and you gotta know your audience.

In other words, I think the IDRA CEO said what he meant.

But what he didn't say is important, too.

He didn't say it would be from Tesla, and he didn't say what the timeline was.

I took his words to mean "if you're building SUVs, we'd love to sell you one of our big casting presses. Perhaps your competitor has already bought one?"

Last edited:

LoPro

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Either way I’m sure Tesla is thinking of it and have sketches of a SUV. It’s just a question of where in the future pipeline and the success of the preceding models. Assuming they don’t think SUV is a deadend car type they can replace with other specialty types. I wouldn’t think it’s concrete enough for any third party to be involved yet though. Also, isn’t the only “confirmation” Tesla usually gives in the form of a secretive launch, Apple style? Up until then I don’t know what can be considered confirmed?

The CT is “SUV” enough for my purposes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Advertisement