CyberSUV vs Cybertruck

If Tesla revealed a CyberSUV at update with similar specs and price, would you switch?

• Cybertruck

• CyberSUV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I was thinking if Tesla does not implement the full pass mid-gate but at the update announces an SUV variant with the same capabilities, size and price, and let me switch holding the same spot in the line, would I? It makes sense for Tesla. Removing the vault cover and mechanism makes manufacturing and implementing solar roof, less complicated And the vehicle more robust over time. You still can put a drywall in but now it will be fully enclosed. You won’t have to take as much of a range hit by pulling a camper if you feel more comfortable sleeping inside. Do you really need a truck? Which one would you pick?
Sponsored

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
My ford focus hatchback has taken care of almost everything I needed to haul (including those giant 7.5’ tall shelving units at Home Depot). If it had towing ability, I’d be set. The Cyber SUV would be a big version of a hatchback and would be a lot more similar to my current vehicle.

I guess I would have to see the thing in order to make the choice. If there is no CT pass through, I might be tempted to take the SUV. However, I know landscaping is in my future and the ability to haul dirt, mulch, rocks, etc without a trailer is a good option to have. Granted, that might not be very often.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I would be tempted to get the SUV, as I'm keeping my Ram 2500 for long range towing, so I don't "need" a truck. I would be really tempted if it were a 7 or 8 seater.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I really want the pass through, but the ability to carry motorcycles is more important.

-Crissa
Some of the cyber SUV renderings are pretty amazing and I hope they do make one. This EV market needs this truck, stay focused!

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Some of the cyber SUV renderings are pretty amazing and I hope they do make one. This EV market needs this truck, stay focused!
Actually, I think Elon will stay focused for all of us. He wants to make Y the best selling car and CyberSUV at this point will get in the way so I doubt he reveal it before they run out of Y customers but I was curious what people think.

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
While I think a cyberSUV could be a popular add to the Tesla lineup in the future, I believe in the near term it is much more important for Tesla to satisfy the long list of Cybertruck reservations first.
Personally my model S satisfies almost all my current hauling needs, so my CT reservation is mostly to have a badass semi-unique vehicle that can also serve any towing needs.

I also have a reservation for a Cyberlandr, so if I get both (currently undecided) that would for me override any usefulness of a cyberSUV.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I would not jump from Cybertruck to SUV. Yet…I seriously would consider a Cyber variant on any one of these categories in the $40k USD starting range if Tesla innovates with distinction as it did to F-150.

Cyber design renders so far…variations on the Cybertruck poly theme have all missed wide. They’ve missed the mark of a great SUV design that captures the adventure of outdoors. They’re all claustrophobic really.

4x4 Pickups anchor the SUV entry point which Cybertruck will hold the Sportiest speeding ticket; FORD most affordable.

Jeep Rubicon pulls it off with unparalleled offroad trail-rated traction and a breakdown body that transforms adventure into outdoor-outdoors. Retro new Bronco’s fit this category now.

Bronco and Chev OBS 2door 360 degree greenhouse cabins bring outdoors inside with 4x4 that goes offroads and on, have the best view of the sceenery. Tahoe & Suburbans add seatbelts and doors to the magic. Range Rover falls into this category.

Toyota 4Runner 3rd Gen put the best handling offroad 4x4 confidence into an affordable 4seater with a hatch for stuff to make it an adventure. Landcruiser/Landrover are category cousins.

Ford Sportsmobile and VW Synchro vans bring the comforts of home in all the outdoor 4x4 offers.

These touchstone designs cover the spectrum of the Sport in SUV. Missing? Aussie truck canopy offroaders are hugely favored where ground adventures border on the dangerous or facilities are non-existent. Its a corner case maturing, needing a affordability disruption.
Sponsored