Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Given that I have ordered a one motor version of the CyberTruck, I need to make a better case for why Tesla would want to keep it as an option now that we are filling the full hands of the Simpsons characters with four options.

1. "Since Mars has less mass than Earth, the surface gravity on Mars is less than the surface gravity on Earth. The surface gravity on Mars is only about 38% of the surface gravity on Earth, so if you weigh 100 pounds on Earth, you would weigh only 38 pounds on Mars." Why would you need so much power when the whole trucks weigh so much less, assuming you would need the truck on Mars? In addition, the one motor version would be the lighter CyberTruck option.

2. "If you can jump one meter (3.3 feet) high on Earth, you would be able to jump 2.64 meters (almost 9 feet) high on Mars." You would need a solid front end for that kind of jumping in unknown Mars land.

3. Maximize the number of CyberTrucks to be loaded into each Starship.

4. Simpler design decreases the number of possible failures, however, a very small backup motor could be added for recovery in case of main motor failure.

5. Reduced number of parts required for maintenance means reduced cargo and inventory to be needed. In addition, this reduces the number of complexities for fixing the Mars CyberTruck fleet by TeslaBots

6. The lowest cost CyberTrucks will favor greater adoption of EVs and be more competitive. Battery range should not have to be married to a CyberTruck motor option. It should be an independent option for all CyberTrucks models IMO.

7. Tesla needs to increase and democratize the adoption of the CyberTruck. A one motor option would greatly help with that view for EV adoption.

8. Lastly, making the one motor version available on Earth will iron out any wrinkles before going to Mars.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Given that I have ordered a one motor version of the CyberTruck, I need to make a better case for why Tesla would want to keep it as an option now that we are filling the full hands of the Simpsons characters with four options.

1. "Since Mars has less mass than Earth, the surface gravity on Mars is less than the surface gravity on Earth. The surface gravity on Mars is only about 38% of the surface gravity on Earth, so if you weigh 100 pounds on Earth, you would weigh only 38 pounds on Mars." Why would you need so much power when the whole trucks weigh so much less, assuming you would need the truck on Mars? In addition, the one motor version would be the lighter CyberTruck option.

2. "If you can jump one meter (3.3 feet) high on Earth, you would be able to jump 2.64 meters (almost 9 feet) high on Mars." You would need a solid front end for that kind of jumping in unknown Mars land.

3. Maximize the number of CyberTrucks to be loaded into each Starship.

4. Simpler design decreases the number of possible failures, however, a very small backup motor could be added for recovery in case of main motor failure.

5. Reduced number of parts required for maintenance means reduced cargo and inventory to be needed. In addition, this reduces the number of complexities for fixing the Mars CyberTruck fleet by TeslaBots

6. The lowest cost CyberTrucks will favor greater adoption of EVs and be more competitive. Battery range should not have to be married to a CyberTruck motor option. It should be an independent option for all CyberTrucks models IMO.

7. Tesla needs to increase and democratize the adoption of the CyberTruck. A one motor option would greatly help with that view for EV adoption.

8. Lastly, making the one motor version available on Earth will iron out any wrinkles before going to Mars.
Besides, all those well thought out reasons you came up with.

It's fun to drive/drift a rear wheel drive on dirt roads!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Besides, all those well thought out reasons you came up with.

It's fun to drive/drift a rear wheel drive on dirt roads!
Tesla vehicles (at least some of them) have drift mode. My guess is that the CT will too.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m not sold on the Cybertruck going to Mars unless they figure out how to manufacture them there.

The things you need in a vehicle on a lower gravity planet are going to be a lot different from what you need here. Boosting a truck as heavy as the Cybertruck to Mars is a huge expense when a much lighter vehicle could likely do everyone you need.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m not sold on the Cybertruck going to Mars unless they figure out how to manufacture them there.

The things you need in a vehicle on a lower gravity planet are going to be a lot different from what you need here. Boosting a truck as heavy as the Cybertruck to Mars is a huge expense when a much lighter vehicle could likely do everyone you need.
To be honest, I do not think we can re-create a GigaTexas factory on Mars (IDRA GigaPress and all). However, I do think there will be a need for some serious construction equipment to be used to build in the end with TeslaBot a " human colony" on Mars. Bring CyberTruck there as a one time payload to get things going. If any of this project is even possible/real. Building a city on Mars would required lots of trucks and other construction vehicles and equipment of all types. Just think of the logistic of 1K, 10K, 100K or 1M people to build for. I am not sure what are the required objectives for the correct numbers of people to have a self-sustainable outpost on Mars?

So yes, it might be that there is a need for a TeslaTruck fitted to the specific requirements of Mars, or perhaps adapting what works well here could be reused while lowering the cost for a Mars mission. My thoughts is that the collaboration between Tesla to SpaceX (and including the Boring company and StarLink) would continue to evolve well into this project Elon has about Mars, all of which could be based on imminent successes here with these CyberTruck and other ventures.

That was my initial rational about making this tread while hoping for "my" possible CT.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited: