Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Would like to see some manufactures with some ideas, examples of beef up stainless steel bumpers (front / rear)
Sponsored

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Just a rendering and not by an actual manufacturer but here's one idea which ties into a body cage.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck aftermarket bumpers Tesla Cybertruck aftermarket bumper cage

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Just a rendering and not by an actual manufacturer but here's one idea which ties into a body cage.

Tesla Cybertruck aftermarket bumper cage.jpg
Something about putting a roll cage on an exoskeleton seems kind of redundant.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Looks cool, but I wouldn’t add anything to the A pillars that would reduce forward visibility, even though the ct will ”see” around it. I am surprised by how much I like the bumpers and extended flares, though I also agree about the dualies - don’t need the extra towing capacity and don’t want the extra weight of the axle & wheels and rolling resistamce of the extra tires. If I were towing large enough items and needed it, it’s nice to see how good it would/could look.
Nice render!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag

Love the dually here. I think Elon should take note, as many truck owners do actual hard work with their trucks. Does he want to deny them, or take over fully. I believe the latter, but it will need to be a well conceived plan. And, I do believe a dually with a 5th wheel setup is key. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And there are some use-cases, like you expect to get hit with trees or something that could potentially compromise the cab's protective cage.

But mostly... That's alot of damage. But more so, it's a narrow bad of damage between what it'll protect from and what will just go through both anyhow.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It would have to be some hefty tumbleweed to match the damage of a kangaroo. LOL

But a real comparable would be the antelope that like to hang out eating the grass on the interstate shoulders and islands at least along I-90 through Montana and Wyoming. If I drove that area a lot especially at night I’d be wanting roo bars.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Neither of those things ought to be hard enough to dent the suggested 3mm hardened.

You would need actual trees or steel bars (why you're driving through steel bars would leave me wondering tho...) to trigger the impact zones.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Not lookin very stainless over there, and I don't think 1" tubing is going to be of any use in a rollover. But it still looks pretty cool

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
If Telsa won't give us a hardcore front bumper with mounting positions for a winch, snowplow, bush bars, etc, as an option in the purchasing process, then...

One of the first mods to my tri-motor will be a high quality custom bumper, that my Warn winch will bolt to. This bumper will be strong, and do nothing of significance to destroy Tesla's .30 cd that the Cybertruck boasts. A winch is critical in any off-road trip, as without, you could be stuck - especially in a 6,000 lb plus vehicle.

I like the pic of the OP, but the body bars are a bit redundant to me, given the exoskeleton. Yes, in the older ICE vehicles, you had to do this, as they were stamped sheet metal. Not anything like the 3mm of 30x stainless steel. Though, I did have a thought the other day, whether I would be installing a rollbar or rollcage in my Cybertruck. I'm not saying yes, and I'm not saying no. I really need to see my truck, and feel what it's capable of. But, there is a lot of glass in the cabin, meaning the tough stainless steel may not so readily help. Who knows. All this waiting, is certainly leading to many thoughts that may be unfounded when the actual trucks begin to deliver. It will help to see the information Elon said was coming, but it could just cloud the water a bit more. haha peace

Master Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm hoping some makes a aftermarket bumper that looks like this. It's all plastic and should be simple to do.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck aftermarket bumpers 18A35A23-0286-4B1B-B818-A82E2B4337FC.jpe

Last edited: