Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
CAAS!!!?????

If they're getting FSD to work, anybody think it would be doable to have the CT available for those robotaxi trips that involve a trip to Home Depot or Lowes (or maybe just East Asheville Hardware if you're David Wilcox) ??

I convinced myself I could just rent a U-Haul for those occasional sheet goods pick up trips, and that turns out to have been a real PIA. I think it took two hours to get through the rental (might be the incompetence of our local place). So would sure be nice if you could just dial up the app and check "home improvement", which gets you a trip to the destination, and having it hang around for the return trip. Or heck, no need for the CT on the way there, just for return.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
CAAS!!!?????

If they're getting FSD to work, anybody think it would be doable to have the CT available for those robotaxi trips that involve a trip to Home Depot or Lowes (or maybe just East Asheville Hardware if you're David Wilcox) ??

I convinced myself I could just rent a U-Haul for those occasional sheet goods pick up trips, and that turns out to have been a real PIA. I think it took two hours to get through the rental (might be the incompetence of our local place). So would sure be nice if you could just dial up the app and check "home improvement", which gets you a trip to the destination, and having it hang around for the return trip. Or heck, no need for the CT on the way there, just for return.

Thoughts?
I do believe the robotaxi service will be used like this. Basically you ask the app for a ride to the store. Then when you are ready for checkout you order a CT to pick you up. I could imagine larger home improvement stores adding charging stations and grid batteries so that there would be a "work" for a gaggle of CTs to be doing while they wait for customers to come out ready to load up.

97trophy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Country flag
Yes.

My local Homedepot rents out trucks and vans. I have used this service, it was very easy and cheap. I suspect Homedepot or perhaps a 3rd party will be moving into this space.

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes.

My local Homedepot rents out trucks and vans. I have used this service, it was very easy and cheap. I suspect Homedepot or perhaps a 3rd party will be moving into this space.
Yeah, I had hoped our local H-D and Lowes would do this, but alas they don't. Guess we're too podunk for that (and our local demographics are definitely saturated with big trucks!).

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Follow up link for those that don't get my joke reference from the O.P.:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
CAAS!!!?????

Thoughts?
It’s going to have to float for mind to go to Home Depot.
Sponsored