Webster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon, Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Any word on how well the audio system will sound? I've seen no reports.
Model 3 is reviewed as phenomenal sound.

Also, I know the vehicle is extremely quiet as EV makes little sound. In some instances, one would WANT sound such as to warn pedestrians and dogs.
If possible, I would love to have an option to ADD sound for acceleration. It would not need to be V8 sound but since it's all electric and acceleration sound is superfluous, even fictitious sounds such as the Millennium Falcon accelerating or even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang could be used.
I am sure the engineers and programmers could make an app that allows you to chose your sound and even synchronize it with the acceleration.

Seeing as I plan to call my Cybertruck "The Millennium Falcon" you know what sound I would want.
Millennium Falcon
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Also, I know the vehicle is extremely quiet as EV makes little sound. In some instances, one would WANT sound such as to warn pedestrians and dogs.
Lucky you. The government has mandated low speed sound for EVs. I hate regulations like that. :mad:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I wonder if you can use the sonar sound from a submarine as your low speed sound. Kind of like pinging for a target.

CarsBarsMars

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus, Infiniti, BMW
Country flag
I want the Kit Sound from KnightRider. And a mod that lets the LEDs in the front cowling swish back and forth. Red would be nice also.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
The problem there is that’s illegal in pretty much every state because at that point you’re impersonating an emergency vehicle.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I’m wondering how noisy those 35” tires will be since the vehicle itself will be quiet.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I’m wondering how noisy those 35” tires will be since the vehicle itself will be quiet.
They’re awful. I had a set on my old Jeep. Great off-road, but awful on pavement in every way, including noise. My guess is they’re just on the concept vehicle because they look cool. They’re plenty of better options that are still great off-road, but much better mannered on road. I’m betting we’ll get something like Wrangler Duratracs or BFG All Terrains.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
They’re awful. I had a set on my old Jeep. Great off-road, but awful on pavement in every way, including noise. My guess is they’re just on the concept vehicle because they look cool. They’re plenty of better options that are still great off-road, but much better mannered on road. I’m betting we’ll get something like Wrangler Duratracs or BFG All Terrains.
You are probably right about that and I never understood why people buy such aggressive tires when 90% of their driving is on pavement. I’m a fan of Michelin’s myself.

Silverado

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cybertruck AWD Dual Motor
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
Im hoping SiriusXM will be an option in the audio system also. Ive read its hit and miss depending on what roof you have on the X. Fingers crossed.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
A good sound system is essential to me. I spend so much time in my vehicle, it's got to be able to impress me. I have always opted for the high end systems in my cars.

That said, I really hope the CT has a good/great sound system!
Sponsored