OP
OP

Aidrab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X and Cybertruck
Country flag
If you got a discount offer you probably aren't close. If you didn't order in December 2023 you also probably won't have one for a year.
I got a discount offer on 11/27 then got my foundation series email on 12/8 and my car yesterday so there is hope for those who got the discount offer.
Sponsored

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I got a discount offer on 11/27 then got my foundation series email on 12/8 and my car yesterday so there is hope for those who got the discount offer.
so you're telling me there's a chance? LOL.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck AWD Delivered 02/09/23 Carlsbad Screenshot 2024-02-10 133511

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Following up on my VIN assigned thread.

Delivered: Today 10:30 am 02/09/24 at Carlsbad

Called Tesla: 02/07/24 to Schedule Delivery myself. No one from Tesla ever contacted me because I was reaching out before they were.

Arrived: by train 02/06/24 at Carlsbad 11 pm

Called Tesla: 02/01/24 gave my RN and they said it was on a train arriving night of 02/06/24. Agent literally pinged car to give exact location of train.

VIN Assigned: 01/28/24 Sunday around 5 am

Ordered: 12/08/23 10:30 pm PT (email to order received earlier that night 6 pm)

Reserved: 2019 right after live event

fyi, ordered on an old email with no other Tesla’s on account

Truck is awesome. So glad I made the purchase and even the doubters at work were loving it.

There was a pretty big scratch at delivery but the Carlsbad team took it to the back and buffed it out. Literally all gone. Some rail dust rust spots were also removed.

all in all, very happy.
Congrats on the delivery. Looks great.

Also happy that at least some delivery centers have the ability to properly remediate scratches, as one would expect. I understand not all centers currently can.

Hopefully the other centers across the country will learn how to do this as well.

This corporate learning curve is expected for servicing a bare stainless steel vehicle.

K1:)

First Name
Kayvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Oh wow! Congrats.
i live in Carlsbad but had to pick up in Irvine about 3 weeks ago. So, they are now delivering them here in Carlsbad too?
enjoy it, it’s a nice car. Best Tesla ever 🍻🍻

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m thinking of getting wrapped. My only concern is what the stainless steel will look like after 5+ years when the PPF is removed. Will it just have all these rust stains on it from moisture underneath the wrap or what?

This guy who unfortunately had to give him his VIN yesterday because his financing expired and couldn’t re-qualify was saying he was going to take his to Ghost Wrap in Carlsbad. I’ve heard good things about those guys from other owners and the Carlsbad reps.
I don't know that shop specifically. It looks like they do vinyl wraps which is a dry application. We do PPF and we specialize in Tesla, Rivian, and Lucid - we don't do any other brand of cars. We are the only shop in the county that are Xpel partners and are the Rivian preferred installer if that tells you anything about our focus to quality. We've already worked on a couple CTs and have appointments for a few more. You can DM me if you want more info or if you want to come see the next CT being transformed. But we don't do vinyl because it's too thin for us to give our lifetime limited warranty on our installation (I don't know of any other shop that does that).

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Oh wow! Congrats.
i live in Carlsbad but had to pick up in Irvine about 3 weeks ago. So, they are now delivering them here in Carlsbad too?
I think they've now done at least one batch of CT deliveries out of both Carlsbad and Mira Mesa.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m thinking of getting wrapped. My only concern is what the stainless steel will look like after 5+ years when the PPF is removed. Will it just have all these rust stains on it from moisture underneath the wrap or what?

This guy who unfortunately had to give him his VIN yesterday because his financing expired and couldn’t re-qualify was saying he was going to take his to Ghost Wrap in Carlsbad. I’ve heard good things about those guys from other owners and the Carlsbad reps.
Also, with mentioning is that a high quality PPF is meant to be breathable. So as long as the installer took care to remove large bubbles and pockets of water, any residual water is expected to evaporate through the film over the course of a week or two after installation (time varies based on sun exposure, temp, and humidity). So rust shouldn't be a problem, but no one knows for sure since this is Teslas new formulation of stainless steel.

OP
OP

Aidrab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X and Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't know that shop specifically. It looks like they do vinyl wraps which is a dry application. We do PPF and we specialize in Tesla, Rivian, and Lucid - we don't do any other brand of cars. We are the only shop in the county that are Xpel partners and are the Rivian preferred installer if that tells you anything about our focus to quality. We've already worked on a couple CTs and have appointments for a few more. You can DM me if you want more info or if you want to come see the next CT being transformed. But we don't do vinyl because it's too thin for us to give our lifetime limited warranty on our installation (I don't know of any other shop that does that).
i just sent you a private message

SixZo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, Cyberbeast (On Order)
Country flag
Oh wow! Congrats.
Both Carlsbad and Miramar delivery centers are now hosting Cybertruck pickups for local customers!

Sarge588

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW iX, 2018 Land Rover Velar
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
If you got a discount offer you probably aren't close. If you didn't order in December 2023 you also probably won't have one for a year.
This actually isn't the case. I ordered my FS on January 13th and I'm getting those $1,000 off emails as well.
Sponsored