Cybertruck back on Tesla Australia website!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
At one point, the menu option was completely gone, fueling speculation that the Cybertruck may not come to Australia.

Today, I logged on, I don't know how long it has been there, but I'm pleased to say the menu option is back.

We still cannot order, only submit for updates.

Yeah baby !. :D

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck back on Tesla Australia website! 1671848494738
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You ordered previously didnā€™t you?

I was hoping this meant it was going to reappear on the US top bar and maybe there would be some updates, but alas no updates on the US page at all.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Coolio thx for the update. But I never believed it wasn't coming to Australia, despite the Aussie media stories.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

I was hoping this meant it was going to reappear on the US top bar and maybe there would be some updates, but alas no updates on the US page at all.
Different web managers, from what I can tell.

Still, it's good news for the Aussies.

-Crissa

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Yea

Originally, you could select cybertruck in the menu and place an order.

Then changed so you could not order, only submit option to get updates.

Then all cybertruck references were completely wiped from the web site.

I could only access the pages if I edited the URL in the address bar. i.e. change model3 to cybertruck.

The pages hadn't been deleted from the system. Seems the restored pages are exactly as before.

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Different web managers, from what I can tell.

Still, it's good news for the Aussies.

-Crissa
I think it's more than that. Would be in the inept bracket, Tesla has earned the credit.

I think lead time had stretched out so far, even for those just requesting updates.

Now with production at the ready, there may be a clearer path, and so they have reengaged.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think it's more than that. Would be in the inept bracket, Tesla has earned the credit.

I think lead time had stretched out so far, even for those just requesting updates.

Now with production at the ready, there may be a clearer path, and so they have reengaged.
I sure hope so for your sake. They should open up Aussie shipments right after delivering the first 50k - 65k in the US.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I sure hope so for your sake. They should open up Aussie shipments right after delivering the first 50k - 65k in the US.
Hey, not so fast there buddy. I want to be friends with everybody too BUT need to take care of closer relations first.

Sorry, Tesla needs to deliver at least 1K units of Cybertruck to Mexico ( you know the place the southern parts of Texas & Austin area once belonged) before Australia gets any :)

Or we should get our own Tesla Giga-factory and let us make our own Cybertrucks starting in 2024 !!!!!! Will gladly ship any extras we make to our friends in Australia and will include a bottle of good tequila too.

Also Cybertruck never disappeared from our Tesla Mexico page

https://www.tesla.com/es_MX?redirect=no

I do not know if the link above will work when used from other countries but the images below show what I get

** Note:
"Pague Hoy" is "Pay Today"
$2,000 Mexican pesos is about 100 USD

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck back on Tesla Australia website! 1671876222230

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck back on Tesla Australia website! 1671876282358

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hey, not so fast there buddy. I want to be friends with everybody too BUT need to take care of closer relations first.

Sorry, Tesla needs to deliver at least 1K units of Cybertruck to Mexico ( you know the place the southern parts of Texas & Austin area once belonged) before Australia gets any :)

Or we should get our own Tesla Giga-factory and let us make our own Cybertrucks starting in 2024 !!!!!! Will gladly ship any extras we make to our friends in Australia and will include a bottle of good tequila too.

Also Cybertruck never disappeared from our Tesla Mexico page

https://www.tesla.com/es_MX?redirect=no

I do not know if the link above will work when used from other countries but the images below show what I get

** Note:
"Pague Hoy" is "Pay Today"
$2,000 Mexican pesos is about 100 USD

1671876222230.png

1671876282358.png
Giga Texas is probably closer to you then us.

When your number gets tapped they should just give you the factory pickup option.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Giga Texas is probably closer to you then us.

When your number gets tapped they should just give you the factory pickup option.
Elon said the factory is the product.

I hope next year we can use a "factory pickup option" where we can pickup the parts and put down a factory in Mexico :)

A few exoskeleton benders, IRDAs, robots, battery cell lines, etc.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
T
At one point, the menu option was completely gone, fueling speculation that the Cybertruck may not come to Australia.

Today, I logged on, I don't know how long it has been there, but I'm pleased to say the menu option is back.

1671848494738.png
This is HUGE!!!

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Yea

I could only access the pages if I edited the URL in the address bar. i.e. change model3 to cybertruck.

The pages hadn't been deleted from the system. Seems the restored pages are exactly as before.
G'Day All, and thx CM____Back in 2019, l placed an order later on reveal day for the TRI at a cost of $150 Aussie Dollars, then cancelled my $3000 Deposit on Model 3.
Yea

G'Day All + thx CM____Revral day 2019 l placed my TRI CYBRTRK reservation after cancellation of the $3000 deposit on Model 3

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

1671848494738.png
What l want to add, seeing l'm all thumbs, is Nikola Bratic from Tesla Sydney made contact earlier in January or February to say how exciting it was about CT and that l was still in the queue @~75K
So far, Bloody Great

Deleted member 3316

1671848494738.png
Iā€™m pretty sure it was just hidden in the side menu with the roadsterā€¦ but either way itā€™s great that itā€™s on the first page again. It shows up the FUDsters and gives me confidence we might get to see one in Australia around 2026ā€¦ with any luck Tesla will do July/August winter testing in New Zealand next yearā€¦
Sponsored