Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Kind of defeats the purpose of a vault... and definitely poor esthetics, marrying a BBQ grill to those clean sheets of steel. Probably adds quite a bit to the drag coefficient too...
I like the look. Gotta agree though, itā€™s likely more drag inducing than drag queen reading hour at the local library
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ellie in Space just stated that she was told by Baglino this was a one off rack design for the Lithium launch. So, keep dreaming.
Same rack design appeared in the launch video so Iā€™d put my money on something much like this happening.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think there will be several design and function options catering to different crowds.
This caters to the conservative been driving a truck not interested in an electric truck type of crowd.

With flags a wavenā€™ and an ā€˜Merica bumper sticker on the back, the southā€™ll be placenā€™ their deposits right quick.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
To note: Light bar is ON
1683578548953.jpeg
This was once considered a DRL and has never appeared this ā€¦I cant think of a term to describe segmented and cheap and dim - Awful - I hope its a digital imaging issue due to bright light off the frunk

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I donā€™t like it. A lot of the updated info coming out for the CT keeps taking it away from work truck and more toward off road warrior for the current Tacoma owning IT guy. It is cute though and there is a huge market for off-road accessories, but what bugs me is that you donā€™t really need a truck to be a great off-road vehicle. If I had to guess, probably 75% of trucks are actually sold to people that use them for work and 25% for recreation or daily drivers. Here is what I donā€™t like. First off the CT bed is already hard to reach into and that rack exacerbates that issue. Next, a major use if not the main use of racks is to get stuff on the truck that is significantly longer than the bed. This rack support is the same length as the bed. So you maybe get 10ā€™ stuff on there with 2ish feet unsupported. I guess thatā€™s cute for the weekend warrior or the guy taking a kayak out, but again, I am excited to start seeing stuff that says the CT is a work horse. I think thatā€™s where Fords edge will be if they can hold it is tailoring their EV trucks toward work.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Drew Baglino took the CT for a spin at the Lithium plant ground breaking. Check out the rack:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed rack / tool rack + accessories (shovels) first look! šŸ§° FvozxEzXgAAedy_

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
First off the CT bed is already hard to reach into and that rack exacerbates that issue. Next, a major use if not the main use of racks is to get stuff on the truck that is significantly longer than the bed. This rack support is the same length as the bed.
Rack is from the peak of the roof to the rear of the truck. Easily 3-4 feet longer than the vault size. Not a proper lumber rack, but Iā€™ve seen plenty this size in use.

There are dozens of differently designed truck racks. I expect there will be at least a handful of different designs for the Cybertruck. Itā€™s not like this precludes a proper lumber rack.

Agree that this makes getting at the vault tougher. Itā€™s a big compromise.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I think there will be several design and function options catering to different crowds.
This caters to the conservative been driving a truck not interested in an electric truck type of crowd.
I'm hoping they'll make some pop-up aero device like a Semi-Trailer boat tail for RV haulers to increase the aerodynamics on travel days!!! šŸ¤©

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed rack / tool rack + accessories (shovels) first look! šŸ§° Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 17.31.08

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
Red Planet shovels?

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Check out this screen grab from Ellie in Spaces video walking around the CT. Interesting that the Frunk appears popped open?
1683586030090.png

1683586030090.png
Itā€™s not open, thatā€™s just one of our favorite standard-issued panel gaps.
Sponsored