HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
This is a great point. Alsoā€¦ it feeds back into reduced costs. Better the initial quality means less QA issues, fewer after sales repairs, etc. A better product is itā€™s own cost savingsā€¦ also happier customers means you have to advertise less. Another cost savings ;)
I'm not following - how do you advertise less than zero?

Maybe you are saying, with high build quality, Tesla will have to buy advertising spots to run anti-sell ads. These would be structured to reduce demand to more palatable levels. They could say things like:

Tesla, building the trucks of the future before you're ready for them. Your friends and family will not like the styling because they are not ready for the future either. Driving a Cybertruck will create unprecedented solitude and quieter trips free of distracting conversation from hitchhikers because not even hitchhikers will risk getting in a truck so futuristic it looks too dangerous, even for the risk tolerance of a typical hitchhiker.

Don't you think it's time you realized this truck is too futuristic for you? Have you checked out the F-150 Lightning? It's a very nice truck that will probably satisfy all your truck needs. It only costs a little more and we think you're worth it, don't you?
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I know that this is an old thread by now but I have been looking at this casting for some time now and what made me think it was partly a jig was the set of large flanges on the side closest to the viewer. I circled them (red) in the attached drawing. Are these possibly locations where the exoskeleton would be attached? I really do not know but they seemed incongruous to me so I thought (initially) that they had a different function than being part of the rear end. I still don't know about the upper sections (blue circles).

I did finally get the newest FSD Beta and Holiday Update so I am placated for a day or so :)

CT_Casting_Flanges.png
As an ex retailer, I can say with absolute uncertainty that those protrusions are in fact there to mount the exoskeleton. To guide the overall shape and space for the tire and the inside sail storage.

Note, sail storage extends both sides of the wheel well.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The PR department in China works closely with their legal department to quash trending libelous topics. They also provide positive information on how to use Tesla products.

-Crissa

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
All here:

Please keep in mind that this photo is likely NOT a CT at all. That doesn't make it fake, real, or anything in between. This is most likely a tooling mold, again, NOT a CT. I'd eat my phone if that is exactly what the inside of your future trucks will look like.

When tooling, you need something that is rigid enough to move around, lift, put through non exact automation lines, etc. This image does not provide any proof of features--or lack thereof. But yes, it is "real", or whatever.
I would offer you some ketchup to eat your phone but saying exactly gives you some level of a future out.
My guess is these are very close to final and will be used to make the in process hand build prototypes we hear about. We can all speculate but it is only speculation.
Happy New Year.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Last year, Tesla's sales apparently jumped due to the competitor's adverting during the Super Bowl.

It may qualify Tesla as the first company in the world to operate and grow on a negative advertising budget. Lol

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I would offer you some ketchup to eat your phone but saying exactly gives you some level of a future out.
My guess is these are very close to final and will be used to make the in process hand build prototypes we hear about. We can all speculate but it is only speculation.
Happy New Year.
Ketchup would be lovely, thank you!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone knows what the rules are in the different USA states, in regards to traveling around with the rear tailgate open with a secured load in it? Thx.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Where do people think the canister for the tonneau is?

That would likely reduce the front footwell by 6" as well?

-Crissa
I believe the canister is directly beneath the window in front of the bed. It sits directly behind the rear seats sort of in the lean area... in the small of your back as you sit there. My 2 cents.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone knows what the rules are in the different USA states, in regards to traveling around with the rear tailgate open with a secured load in it? Thx.
I have not been to all of the different United States.. But tailgate open is not a problem. Secured load is only a problem if it looks bad or stuff flies off. Pickup trucks don't get pulled over much unless it's really bad.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I'm certainly no authority but would guess that there are no restrictions other than a generalized "Any load must be secure."

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have not been to all of the different United States.. But tailgate open is not a problem. Secured load is only a problem if it looks bad or stuff flies off. Pickup trucks don't get pulled over much unless it's really bad.
When I was loading a 16 foot long 18ā€ culvert atop my friends rickety trailer I expressed a bit of concern to the guy at the yard that Iā€™d get pulled over. This is clearly not legal in Oregon.

He said the police almost never pull over people like me doing home improvements, but if they saw a commercial truck doing this they would pull them over in a heartbeat.

Iā€™m not sure if he was just bullshitting me, but I did not get pulled over and clearly I made it home.

Iā€™ve driven with loads hanging over a tailgate many times. I donā€˜t think Iā€™ve ever hung a load out of my truck this far, but lots of times 2 feet or more in open air. I donā€™t think police are super excited about pulling over load violations.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! šŸ˜² 1673027132968

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
When I was loading a 16 foot long 18ā€ culvert atop my friends rickety trailer I expressed a bit of concern to the guy at the yard that Iā€™d get pulled over. This is clearly not legal in Oregon.

He said the police almost never pull over people like me doing home improvements, but if they saw a commercial truck doing this they would pull them over in a heartbeat.

Iā€™m not sure if he was just bullshitting me, but I did not get pulled over and clearly I made it home.

Iā€™ve driven with loads hanging over a tailgate many times. I donā€˜t think Iā€™ve ever hung a load out of my truck this far, but lots of times 2 feet or more in open air. I donā€™t think police are super excited about pulling over load violations.

1673027132968.jpeg
You only need to flag anything that hangs more than 5 ft past the bumper in Massachusetts or anything that is very invisible like a pipe is advised. Maybe use hazards if transporting a trampoline!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! šŸ˜² 20211123_145912

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Many pickups on the road SHOULD be pulled over regarding their loads.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I believe the canister is directly beneath the window in front of the bed. It sits directly behind the rear seats sort of in the lean area... in the small of your back as you sit there. My 2 cents.
That's not where it is in the diagram.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! šŸ˜² 3DEE8DE8-EEA4-42C8-84B0-9E3D86F7EA43

That has it under the bed.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: