Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I've been seeing Tesla owners of the sedans finding some issues of pedal pressure response. (These persons, of course, are driving their vehicles on tracks but have found an issue with the master cylinder).

It seems (for example) the Tesla Model 3 the master cylinder is flexing on the sheet metal/firewall and is reducing the response time of applying pressure to the brakes. After installing an aftermarket brace to the master cylinder they have improved the response time and obtain more solid braking.

I'm bringing this up while the CyberTruck is still not in production to help bring awareness to make sure the master cylinder is adequately mounted to a stiff bracket/backing firewall structure member.

Using the truck, I'm sure most will be hauling heavy loads either cargo or trailers and will want the ultimate braking power/response time available to us for braking.

Here is an example of Tesla Model 3 Master Cylinder movement.

Example of measurement flexing of Master Cylinder movement: (Another type vehicle example)

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck Braking Lots of Movement Brake master cylinder

Example of measurement of NOT flexing of Master Cylinder movement with a brace bracket type.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck Braking Flex with brake cylinder brace
Sponsored

Last edited:

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Not an issue for everyday driving including towing. This is about pedal feel and quick response for racing.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Just had a 3 for about a week (loaner). Don't think I ever touched the brake pedal - and I guess I'm glad I didn't!

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I've been seeing Tesla owners of the sedans finding some issues of pedal pressure response. (These persons, of course, are driving their vehicles on tracks but have found an issue with the master cylinder).

It seems (for example) the Tesla Model 3 the master cylinder is flexing on the sheet metal/firewall and is reducing the response time of applying pressure to the brakes. After installing an aftermarket brace to the master cylinder they have improved the response time and obtain more solid braking.

I'm bringing this up while the CyberTruck is still not in production to help bring awareness to make sure the master cylinder is adequately mounted to a stiff bracket/backing firewall structure member.

Using the truck, I'm sure most will be hauling heavy loads either cargo or trailers and will want the ultimate braking power/response time available to us for braking.

Here is an example of Tesla Model 3 Master Cylinder movement.

Example of measurement flexing of Master Cylinder movement: (Another type vehicle example)

Lots of Movement Brake master cylinder.png

Example of measurement of NOT flexing of Master Cylinder movement with a brace bracket type.

Flex with brake cylinder brace.png

Give a Like - thanks.
Thanks for bring that up. It is something for their engineers to consider.
Sponsored