Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
If the Cybertruck has an issue and you are broke down on the side of the road, what do you think the response time will be? I know the plan is to have a repair vehicle come to you, but that could take a while depending on where the vehicle is coming from. I don't know about you guys, but my wife isn't going to be very happy sitting in this Cybertruck that she thinks is ugly anyhow. It's now stopping me from buying it though....lol.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If the Cybertruck has an issue and you are broke down on the side of the road, what do you think the response time will be? I know the plan is to have a repair vehicle come to you, but that could take a while depending on where the vehicle is coming from. I don't know about you guys, but my wife isn't going to be very happy sitting in this Cybertruck that she thinks is ugly anyhow. It's now stopping me from buying it though....lol.
Ugly or not,
What happens now if you are out in BFE and your vehicle breaks down? What's the wait time for repair or tow in the boonies with a Wrangler, Tahoe, Durango or an Outback? Will she be happy because she is broken down in a "pretty" vehicle having to wait multiple hours for help? If the answer is the same then get what makes you happy.

OP
OP

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Ugly or not,
What happens now if you are out in BFE and your vehicle breaks down? What's the wait time for repair or tow in the boonies with a Wrangler, Tahoe, Durango or an Outback? Will she be happy because she is broken down in a "pretty" vehicle having to wait multiple hours for help? If the answer is the same then get what makes you happy.
Good point...lol!

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you get the dual or tri motor version and a motor fails you can still make it back to town/help. If you have the single motor version you can still have A/C or heat if the motor fails. If you have a regular spare tire in the vault you can mount that and perhaps you will be able to jack up the car using the suspension. You cannot lose your oil from snagging your oil pan on a rock. I think your chances of being stranded by the side of the road in a CT are less than in most other vehicles.

Last edited:

CyberASL?

First Name
Michael J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XA40, BNR32
Country flag
The CT will be different in terms of towing i feel. I broke down 2hrs on a dirt national park trail, 7hrs from the city. $1000 tow by a jacked up Land Cruiser and trailer.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If you get the dual or tri motor version and a motor fails you can still make it back to town/help.
I would not assume that. Although I was told that that was the case when looking into buying a Tesla and while the manual does not specificlly say that it isn't the case stories I have seen posted seem to suggest that you can run only a short distance on one motor (i.e. enough to get off the road and onto a flatbed) before the system shuts down.

What do I think the response time would be? No idea though clearly if it happened in the middle of Vermont with the nearest service centers in Boston and Montreal it would be a while. Go to one of the other Tesla sites. You will doubtless find accounts.

Roslyn

First Name
Roslyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isuzu Tracker II 1988, Ford Explorer 1993
Occupation
Anthropologist
Country flag
I'd almost think it could tow itself !
Sponsored