Cybertruck Cabin Facing Camera?

Would you use your Cybertruck in the Tesla Network?

• Total voters

spencera

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Does anyone know if this is something that the CT will have? Is anyone planning on using their truck for the Tesla Network?
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I would bet yes, as the current models do (as far as im aware).

Iv said this many times but I expect the Tesla network to be working 7+ years away, some think more, and of course some think less. but because of this and not having the cash right now, I wont get the FSD, its just too much money.
if the autonomous driving network is working in a few years, I would for sure try it out just paying the monthly fee which they will almost have to introduce (if they haven't already).

paying 200+ monthly on the occasion I use it just makes more sense than 8k now when I cant use it.
plus tech changes so fast, I bet they will have a bunch more sensors our trucks now wont have.

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
Does anyone know if this is something that the CT will have? Is anyone planning on using their truck for the Tesla Network?
There main reasons I would like this:
1. If carjacked Tesla would know.
2. If someone falls asleep while driving, the truck would pull over at a safe place and park.
3. For those under the influence, it would take you home.

These reasons protect both them and your family.

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
It will have it. It is to prepare for potential legislation for FSD. I won't use it now, but I will if it brings some benefit to me, ie, my Cybertruck will take me home from the pub without consequence.

Deleted member 5322

There main reasons I would like this:
1. If carjacked Tesla would know.
2. If someone falls asleep while driving, the truck would pull over at a safe place and park.
3. For those under the influence, it would take you home.

These reasons protect both them and your family.
1 - agree
2 - how often do you fall asleep? Once in your life? BUT, what I do not like is Tesla will take every minute of your private life in their use.
I will shut it off if possible, If no - will black tape this camera. Do not want anyone to be watching me every time I am in a car.
3 - not sure at all for now. Will see how they develop FSD

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
1 - agree
2 - how often do you fall asleep? Once in your life? BUT, what I do not like is Tesla will take every minute of your private life in their use.
I will shut it off if possible, If no - will black tape this camera. Do not want anyone to be watching me every time I am in a car.
3 - not sure at all for now. Will see how they develop FSD
I take meds for narcolepsy. A side effect of shift work for 30 years along with PTSD from Vietnam.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
It will have it. It is to prepare for potential legislation for FSD. I won't use it now, but I will if it brings some benefit to me, ie, my Cybertruck will take me home from the pub without consequence.
Except true FSD won't need it, since no one needs to be paying attention.
And if you are "sleeping it off" in the rear seat, the camera can't see you.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
BUT, what I do not like is Tesla will take every minute of your private life in their use.
It doesn't do that. It only saves it if you have Sentry Mode on. It also activates for using FSD. Taping it will remove both of those features.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Except true FSD won't need it, since no one needs to be paying attention.
And if you are "sleeping it off" in the rear seat, the camera can't see you.
We really don't know what legislators will require for FSD. A lot of laws are irrational, especially on emotional issues like drinking and driving. They may require that a camera is ensuring you aren't in the drivers seat, for example.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
We really don't know what legislators will require for FSD. A lot of laws are irrational, especially on emotional issues like drinking and driving. They may require that a camera is ensuring you aren't in the drivers seat, for example.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if there came to be a legal requirement that the police be able to audit who is driving (person or FSD). Might be a visual cue. Might be a computer interface of some kind. But if if an officer sees someone sleeping in the drivers seat, it could either be an emergency or nothing to worry about depending on who is driving.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
what I do not like is Tesla will take every minute of your private life in their use. I will shut it off if possible, If no - will black tape this camera.
Imagine a dude that works his entire life, keeping his records clean so some day he can run for president. After 50 years of paying his dues, he is finally running for the office. He is the front runner and it looks like a slam dunk, when his opponent buys a clip in a black market from a hack on Tesla's network a few years back. All it is, is a few seconds of him behind the wheel of his CT picking his nose while stuffing his face with a taco. With his opponent as leader of free world), eight years of unnecessary wars and world wide disaster because he didn't tape his camera.

I am as freaked out about a camera in my face full time as you are. Then again, I am freaked out about my phone too. Even if Tesla is not recording anything today, all it takes is an update.

If I sound like an old man, it is because I am one ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Who would keep all the footage? Where would they keep it? Who would go through it for the good stuff? How wouldn't you notice the heavy network use?

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Imagine a dude that works his entire life, keeping his records clean so some day he can run for president. After 50 years of paying his dues, he is finally running for the office. He is the front runner and it looks like a slam dunk, when his opponent buys a clip in a black market from a hack on Tesla's network a few years back. All it is, is a few seconds of him behind the wheel of his CT picking his nose while stuffing his face with a taco. With his opponent as leader of free world), eight years of unnecessary wars and world wide disaster because he didn't tape his camera.

I am as freaked out about a camera in my face full time as you are. Then again, I am freaked out about my phone too. Even if Tesla is not recording anything today, all it takes is an update.

If I sound like an old man, it is because I am one ;)
Whatever age, you are certainly paranoid. The post was about the Tesla network, not about Tesla spying on you. Given how Elon Musk rails against the government,I think the last thing have to worry about, as long as he is at the helm, is Tesla spying on you. But I suppose you can cover the camera if it’s a big problem for you.
Sponsored