John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Here are 2 pictures of the 2024 Chevy Silverado's mid-gate.
The bar between the wall and the glass is removable. I wonder how.
Hopefully this wildly successful and Tesla makes the Cybertruck's mid-gate even better.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck competitor's mid-gate Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-Tailgate-Dimensions
is
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck competitor's mid-gate Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-3-1024x576
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Silverado’s bed is longer than I thought it was. I was thinking it was more like 5’ 6” or maybe a little less.

This is just a little shorter than the Cybertruck’s bed. Particularly when you consider with the Cybertruck you have to deal with the overhang and rear-sloping front wall. If they did shorten the Cybertruck bed even a little, they are likely in the same ballpark.

Makes the Silverado more interesting.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hopefully this wildly successful and Tesla makes the Cybertruck's mid-gate even better.
Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-Tailgate-Dimensions.jpg
is
Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-3-1024x576.jpg
I am pretty neutral on the mid gate. There will be all sorts of seals and latches involved to get buggered up, fail, and make noise. Give me a window that I can poke a couple sticks of molding through. Anything more an I will use a trailer.

The mid gate and the hard coil tonneau are currently mutually exclusive. Pick one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What I care about is truck camping. If the mid-gate will make truck camping a lot better then I’m all for it. I’d be just as happy with lay flat seats in the cabin or a nice camper bed might work just as well.

Without the vault cover, the mid-gate doesn’t really call out to me. Lumber longer than 12 foot can go on the roof or get delivered. It’s just camping which makes it interesting.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-Tailgate-Dimensions.jpg
is
Silverado-EV-RST-Multi-Flex-Midgate-3-1024x576.jpg
That's not a bar, that's a translucent image of the mid-gate. The gate is up in the top picture, but they are showing how much more space you get if you can put it down.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Perhaps the walls are the 'negative space' that I keep hearing graphic designers refer to.
The boxy shape of FIAT 124 was creating illusion that the width of it's interior should be the same as the front. But the middle section of that car was wider.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck competitor's mid-gate 1644961257344

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Not having a mid gate is less of a problem if you have a really good roof rack system. Speaking of, I don't see the interface on the latest mule. I was also looking forward to being able to stash the roof rack in the sail areas for storage. Now they appear to be gone.

My ROCC concept needs some heavy duty attachment points near the peak. A good rack for the CT will have 3 mounting locations. 2 need to be on the roof.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck competitor's mid-gate 1644971779637

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
What will all you Midgard Must-Haves do if Cybertruck does not have your beloved mid gate? Cancel your order, deal with it and moan loudly ?

If it comes with it, great. If Not, great. My big worry about a midgate is leakage of water, noise, air and failing seals.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What will all you Midgard Must-Haves do if Cybertruck does not have your beloved mid gate? Cancel your order, deal with it and moan loudly ?

If it comes with it, great. If Not, great? My big worry about a midgate is leakage of water, noise, air and failing seals.
Moan.

Why worry? You have to worry about the doors and windows and tailgate and vault tonneau?

-Crissa
Sponsored